Will cooler master hyper 212 evo fit in NZXT gamma classic seri. case?

hammereditor

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Since the CM Hyper 212 evo is a popular and great-performing CPU cooler for the price, I want to use it inside my NZXT gamma classic series case. The height of the 212 evo is 160mm, and the width of the case is 7.4 in. (185mm). However, the internal case width may be narrower. I don't want the side panel not being able to go on, because I need the side panel to be on. It does not have any fans, or fan holes. Also, I don't want the 212 evo being such a tight fit that it pushes down on the CPU a lot. I looked all over the internet and couldn't find the internal width of the case (from the motherboard mounting stuff to the side panel).

So will the CM hyper 212 evo be able to fit without compressing the CPU excessively? Or is pressure on the CPU good? If this cooler doesn't fit, then what is the maximum height of one that will fit?

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
Cooler dimensions: 116 x 51 x 159 mm (4.6 x 2.0 x 6.3 in) (From the coolermaster website)

Case clearance: 143.5mm (with fan) (From the NZXT website)

So no, doesn’t look good. Get a wider case or a smaller cooler.

hammereditor

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

The case's side panel doesn't have a fan hole or a fan installed.
For me, it's okay if the cooler just touches the side panel, but doesn't bend it.
Also, I didn't clearly specify the case model. It's an NZXT gamma classic series case.