Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 12, 2012 5:53:01 PM

Hello
I have Gembird psu-6 PSU
http://www.gembird.cn/default.aspx?op=products&op2=item...
And dont know if the hd 7770 will work on it.
(as idk what that 6 pin rail is?)
Will my psu run it?
Please help me & sorry for my english!

More about : 7770 gembird ccc psu6

Best solution

a c 566 U Graphics card
June 12, 2012 7:13:37 PM

mikethenewb said:
Hello
I have Gembird psu-6 PSU
http://www.gembird.cn/default.aspx?op=products&op2=item...
And dont know if the hd 7770 will work on it.
(as idk what that 6 pin rail is?)
Will my psu run it?
Please help me & sorry for my english!

For a system using a single Radeon HD 7770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 23 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

The Gembird CCC-PSU6 500W Power supply, with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 17 Amps and with NO 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector, is insufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 7770. Judging by that PSU's specifications it is based on an old design that emphasizes power on the +5V and +3.3V rails (i.e. 56% of that PSU's total capacity). Its single +12V rail only supplies up to 41% of that PSU's total power capacity.

If you would have purchased the more modern Gembird CCC-PSU6X instead, it would have worked, because it has a PCI Express power connector and a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of more than 28 Amps.
June 12, 2012 7:52:21 PM

Thanks for the answer !
just another quick question:

Shall i buy the 7750 as it is more power eficient and doesnt need that 6 pin connector?
Also how much will it be bottlenecked by the c2d e6550 oced to 2.7ghz?
m
l
Related resources
a c 566 U Graphics card
June 12, 2012 8:36:33 PM

mikethenewb said:
Thanks for the answer !
just another quick question:

Shall i buy the 7750 as it is more power eficient and doesnt need that 6 pin connector?
Also how much will it be bottlenecked by the c2d e6550 oced to 2.7ghz?

The Radeon HD 7750 may work.

What display resolution are you using? If the display resolution is low then the CPU can become a bottleneck.
m
l
June 13, 2012 3:56:07 AM

Best answer selected by MGARM.
m
l
!