Disable Accessories

Is it possible to run a reg tweak that will disable the accessories in the
start menu?

We are trying to lockdown the computers in our call centre so the users have
limited access and this is one of the areas we don't want them to have access
to?

"MartinaL" <MartinaL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to run a reg tweak that will disable the accessories in
> the
> start menu?
>
> We are trying to lockdown the computers in our call centre so the
> users have
> limited access and this is one of the areas we don't want them to have
> access
> to?

How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308418

--
William

Hi Martina,

Better yet, you might just want to remove access to the "All Programs" section of the start menu.
This can be done through the Group Policy Editor (available only in Windows XP Pro). Click on
Start/Run and type GPEDIT.MSC . Navigate to User configuration > Administrative templates > Start
menu and taskbar. On the right hand pane, look for "Remove all programs list form start menu".
Double click that and set it to 'enabled'.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol