Sign in with
Your question

5770 wont work on my PC, Help Please!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
June 12, 2012 7:23:34 PM

I Have an Acer Predator G5900-2, it has a, Intel Core i5 Quadcore 650 @ 3.20GHz, an Intel H57 Express Chipset, 6gb ram and a 650w PSU, i bought i 5770 single slot for my pc and when in my PC, the pc turns on for about 10-15 seconds then turns off completely, it doesnt show on screen or anything, can someone please help me!

More about : 5770 wont work

June 12, 2012 7:32:45 PM

It probably means that it is in the pci slot but the power cables are not plugged in can you post a pic of the graphics card in your system?
June 12, 2012 7:35:16 PM

did you plug in the PCI-E power connector on the video card?
Related resources
June 12, 2012 7:39:30 PM

All of above and make sure it's fully seated. Check bios settings and make sure it's using pci-e slot for video. If none of above and this doesn't fix it, try a different video card. If that gpu doesn't work, then u hav a crap power supply.
Anonymous
June 12, 2012 7:45:44 PM

The card is seated properly, definetly, the power cable is in correctly still no joy, on another forum we think it might be due to the card being PCI-E 2.1 and my chipset only PCI-E 2.0, whats your views on this?
Anonymous
June 12, 2012 7:58:08 PM

Quote:
Amperage is on the low side for a 650w unit, i reckon it will handle 500w peak on the 12V rails.

PSU is sufficient, but could be the culprit.

i only bought it like 8 months ago, what should i do then?, is it definetly not the PCI-E?, others seem to think so...
June 12, 2012 8:51:39 PM

take it out. Will it still boot and act normally? it's either bad ram, bad psu, or bad video card. Could be bad drivers. Did u install the latest drivers from AMD site?

will it boot into safe mode?

I would take it out and see if u can boot and act normally. D.L. and install latest drivers. I would leave 1 ram stick and test it w/ memtest too, just to rule out the ram. There's lots of things it could be and is gonna take some time to figure out. U just want to make sure what it is so u can replace the right one.

!