Solved

Please help! Looking to buy a gaming PC!

I'm looking for my PC to have 2 things: At least a GTX 570 Video card (Id be really satisfied 580), and I want an I7 Intel processor (Yes I know thats unnecessary for gaming, I just want it.). I dont want to spend too much more than $1500, and I cant go over 2000. Id be willing to go down to an I5 processor to make my rig cheaper. I just want to be able to play Diablo, Skyrim, and other games like GTA on MAX settings, or at least high settings. So again, do you guys know any good, cheap pre built and upgradable PCs? What are the best companies for different parts? Is it better to build it myself? And How do I know which cases I should get? (Sorry for writing an essay, I'm just so confused about how I should build this thing...)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about please help gaming
  1. 570s and 580s are last gen. a 670 beats both by quite a bit

    the i5 performs the same as the i7 in games (actually does better) but its your money so yeah

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dJUO
  2. Best answer
    That block of text is nothing to what you typically find in this forum.

    You are correct in that there is no reason for an i7 in a gaming rig, an i5 will perform just as well.

    Nearly everybody here will advise you to custom build your system, It will work out cheaper and you will know exactly whats inside the thing. Plus you get to act like a mad scientist and scream "ITS ALIVE!" when it POST's for the first time (I cant be the only one who does this).

    CPU: i5-3570k. $230
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504

    Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4. $135
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293

    GPU: Gigabyte GTX670. $400
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423

    PSU: Corsair TX-650M. $110
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139031

    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz CL9 1.5v. $46
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM. $90
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

    SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB. $120
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227791

    CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO. $35
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

    Case: This is largely personal, so here some good choices, pick the one you like the look of.

    Coolermaster HAF-XM. $130
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119257

    Corsair 400R. $100
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008&Tpk=400R

    NZXT Phantom of varous colours. $120
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006644&isNodeId=1&Description=NZXT+phantom&x=0&y=0

    Total: $1295 (HAF-XM picked)

    If you need it
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM. $100
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986
  3. TheBigTroll said:
    570s and 580s are last gen. a 670 beats both by quite a bit

    the i5 performs the same as the i7 in games (actually does better) but its your money so yeah

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dJUO


    Fail on so many levels....

    manofchalk build is solid and you will not get much better. I would get a Western Digital Caviar Black instead of that seagate though. WD comes with a 5yr warranty compared to the seagate 1yr.
  4. DarkOutlaw said:
    Fail on so many levels....

    manofchalk build is solid and you will not get much better. I would get a Western Digital Caviar Black instead of that seagate though. WD comes with a 5yr warranty compared to the seagate 1yr.


    so you are saying that the build i provided is bad....? i dont see any flaws other than what you suggested about the caviar black drive
  5. DarkOutlaw said:
    Fail on so many levels....

    manofchalk build is solid and you will not get much better. I would get a Western Digital Caviar Black instead of that seagate though. WD comes with a 5yr warranty compared to the seagate 1yr.


    Nothing wrong with BigTrolls build. Only thing I see is the i7, which the OP has stated he wants (which I just ignored and said an i5 will be sufficient).
  6. Best answer selected by Angelone.
  7. manofchalk said:
    That block of text is nothing to what you typically find in this forum.

    You are correct in that there is no reason for an i7 in a gaming rig, an i5 will perform just as well.

    Nearly everybody here will advise you to custom build your system, It will work out cheaper and you will know exactly whats inside the thing. Plus you get to act like a mad scientist and scream "ITS ALIVE!" when it POST's for the first time (I cant be the only one who does this).

    CPU: i5-3570k. $230
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504

    Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4. $135
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293

    GPU: Gigabyte GTX670. $400
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423

    PSU: Corsair TX-650M. $110
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139031


    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz CL9 1.5v. $46
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM. $90
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

    SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB. $120
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227791

    CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO. $35
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

    Case: This is largely personal, so here some good choices, pick the one you like the look of.

    Coolermaster HAF-XM. $130
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119257

    Corsair 400R. $100
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Itb
    ,,
    em=N82E16811139008&Tpk=400R

    NZXT Phantom of varous colours. $120
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006644&isNodeId=1&Description=NZXT+phantom&x=0&y=0

    Total: $1295 (HAF-XM picked)

    If you need it
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM. $100
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986


    Thank you! I think I'll end up using this build. Thank you to everyone else that replied too,
    I guess it cant get much better than someone giving you a full build to make. So thank you again Manofchalk.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product