Advice for new grapic card and psu

Hey, I just got battle field 3 as present but can barely run it. Can anyone give me advice on upgrades available for my pc to be able to run high end games? I have a budget of $300 to use. Thanks for the help!

Heres my desktop specs:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=FQ424AA-PB-R

Everything is the same except for the grapic card, which I current have an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series.

Thanks alot!
23 answers Last reply
More about advice grapic card
  1. If i replace my grapic card and psu with those 2 item u recommended will it be able to handle bf3 with atleast medium setting?
  2. you will 100% have to change the cpu as well as amd dual cores are almost unplayable in BF3, and that side of the benchmarks has been tested.
  3. So what should I do? Save up more and buy whole new pc? or buy new cpu and replace it to?
  4. essentially, now you have 3 things to buy, a new cpu, a psu, and a gpu in your 300$. Your mobo apparently is AM2+ so technically it can work with something like a 965be(its backwards compatible iirc) which hovers around, 110-120ish on different sites, then you will have to allocate ~50-70$ to a psu leaving you with about 110-140$ for a gpu for moderate play
  5. is there anyway u can make it $303 total. Cause shipping is 12.80 and i only have 315 on paypal atm :S
  6. you technically can hold of on the ram and the mobo. but when you can pay for it, make the jump because the am3+ mobo will offer more performance for your 655be and allow you to use ddr3 ram, which will also increase overall performance.
  7. is that yours? and if it can play all those well with the other 4 items u told me to upgrade ill get it now
  8. yeah the 4870 is an extremely powerful card(albeit old in technology) though its power consumption is much higher than modern cards, its cheap and it performs well for its price.
  9. crap some1 outbit me at last 1 second :'(
  10. yeah was .5 second away from hitting the bid button :S
  11. If i take out the radeon 7770 hd. price come out total of 245.60 so I have around $69 left to spend with shipping included i guess. Thanks for your help and effort btw recon =]. You are amazing @_@
  12. Dont think that one is in usuable condition from what description says.
  13. if only it was free shipping then it'll be perfectly in my price range xD..
  14. 9800 not functional. and I acutally was able to receive $7 just now so can be anywhere from 76 and below now
  15. Hmm, so have any of the one you've found good enough in your perspective?
  16. Can the new psu handle it though? Was looking at the psu requirement and think one place said it needed 500 watts. and new psu only has 380
  17. So, the gtx 260 perfectly safe to use? If so I'll probably get the items u recommended me and replace the parts.
  18. I have like $9 extra since total is around 312.75. is there anything i can upgrade even more with that $9? Probably maybe tiny bit better gpu or psu?
  19. alrigh total came out to be: 320.65

ASRock N68C-GS FX AM3+ NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

ASUSTeK COMPUTER NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 ENGTX260/HTDI/896MD3/A

Those the 5 items right? just making sure and double checking before i buy all. And can u double check to make sure everything compatiable with each other and my pc. Once u give me the Ok ill buy =]. And can it play bf3 btw with the upgraded parts?
  20. So those 5 = correct item and everything? correct compability etc?
  21. Ty man, =] just ordered everything ^^ now hopefully i can place the cpu,mobo, and psu in correctly. hope its easy xD
  22. Best answer selected by salice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics