Build my computer challenge

cmacnulty

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Hello,
I am planning to build my computer. Never done it but I have the time. The purpose of the completed system is to convert lots 8mm video to DVD and storage. The system would also editing the video files. Price point not to exceed $2000.00.
I do not do gaming. Currently there is no input device but I am considering buying a camcorder of the web(Ebay) but would consider other options. Min of 1 terabyte HD. needs to be fast with the option to expand as needed. I also see the system supporting video stream so that I can watch movies/tv on the display or even connect it to my HD big screen. Also needs high quality sound output. will also need the basic stuff for internet (wired and wireless) connection. Multiple USB ports.

what would be your design with a cap of 2k?

Hmm u mentioned a camcorder as an input device and also video streams could it be that a nice TV tuner/capture card is just what u need? Depending on where u are located you could make your PC your Live TV/DVR as well so perhaps look into this and pick out a card that u like?

Also do u mean your HDTV would be your display and is this from scratch i.e no OS, etc on hand? Perhaps
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice