Sign in with
Your question

HELP! ASAP PLEASE It's CRITICAL!

Last response: in Systems
August 3, 2012 4:45:48 PM

I have a very mind boggling electricity issue.

My ENTIRE case is electrifying!
I got 2 massive shocks while touching the rear fan grill to check air flow.
Now me and my father who understands about electricity open the case, and made power current checks, using a special tool to check conductivity.

The case, the mobo, the gpu, the heatsink, the screws that connect the mobo to case!!
All of the are conducting high voltage electricity (not static). I got shocked from touching the back side of the case, the front, the rear. The gpu metalic parts.

The only thing that doesnt show current when u touch it with the tool is the PSU.

Here is the build:
1) GPU: Asus 670GTX DC2T
2) CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Box
3) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
4) Case: Corsair CC600TWM-WHT Graphite Special Edition
5) PSU: Corsair AX 850W Gold Active PFC 12cm Fan Modular
6) RAM: 2X8GB G.Skill Ripjaw-X DDR3 1600Mhz
7) CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14
8)SSD: Crucial Solid Series 256GB CT256M4SSD2 SSD
9)DVD drive: Sony Optiarc AD-7280S DVD±RW x24 Black Sata

PLEASE, I have no one to turn to here in Israel.
My entire case inner and outer sides are throwing electricity and conducting everycomponent as well as itself.. I tried so many things and I'm afraid my components will be damaged.. I

More about : asap critical

August 3, 2012 4:47:39 PM

It's a new build btw, this issue occured as soon as I plug the finished build to my power.. I tried pluging into different sockets with different cables as well.
August 3, 2012 5:16:50 PM

Disconnect the computer from the mains straight away, mains power is lethal.

For some reason your PSU is grounding itself, its either your plug socket is wired wrong or your power supply needs to be replaced.

Did you try powering it before?
Related resources
August 3, 2012 6:21:19 PM

Double check the mains socket and ensure the "polarity" is correct and the ground prong is the ground. Then pull out the psu from the PC and test it it the power socket. Test it in another socket.

It sure sounds like the wiring is revered somewhere in the two
August 3, 2012 7:10:32 PM

OK, ok, guys I think I found the problem, I hope I'm right:
The bastards shopt owners of both my old monitor and the newly baught Corsair 850AX PSU brought two American standard cables!
This means no grounding for us in Israel!
The cables in Israel and some places in Asia/Europe I think, have 3 teeth (two up, one down), while American got only two, but with a notch for grounding and built in grounding in each socket.

We don't have the latter.. so I guess that was the issue.

Now I havea new problem though, if anyone could help, including you Jay, please do.
Here is the link for the thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/357395-31-install-win...

Can't install win xp 64 bit to install my win7 64 upgrade version
I think its because I install on SSD and on AHCI mode, not sure, please check my link.

Thanks!
August 3, 2012 7:23:21 PM

There is a way to force any upgrade version of Windows 7 to install on a fresh SSD or HD. There are guides for it here maybe, but for sure on other sites.
!