MickeyMicrowave

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hello people of Tom's Hardware,

I have made a thread before asking about some issues i was having with my GTX 690, people advised me to buy a new power supply and i did, i now have the Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000 WATT. I thought it would fix all my problems but that did not happen. I did not notice a difference in any of the games i mentioned like Battlefield 3, Skyrim and Crysis. Battlefield 3 was often dipping under 60 fps when for example, i was flying a helicopter or a jet, it would go down to about 45 fps. Now i understand if alot of people would be like: ''What the hell are you bitching about? Bf3 on ultra 45 fps? Shutup ***.'' But remember, the GTX 690 is about 1000 euro's and i do not feel like i am getting what i paid for. I also read that having a PCIe 2.0 mobo and a PCIe 3.0 gpu might not show the full potential of the gpu but i'm not sure about that. any help would be greatly aprecciated. Here is my setup:

Cpu: i7-2600k (Standard clock speeds)

Mobo: Asus p67 extreme6 (B3)

Gpu: Asus Gtx 690

Psu: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000 WATT

Thanks in advance.

I have found that with my GTX680, it is loafing some of the time, and I think the graphics driver reduces the refresh rate to conserve power. This causes some stuttering when you move from a steady low demand state to more demanding action.
I have found the remedy to be to set the custom settings for your game from the default (adaptive) to prefer maximum performance.

MickeyMicrowave

Honorable
May 13, 2012

You're talking about ''Power management mode'' right?

MickeyMicrowave

Honorable
May 13, 2012

Well i turned it to prefer maximum performance and booted up Bf3 and it seems like it may have gotten a bit better, i would say about 5 fps more, but that still won't cut it when i'm in a helicopter or jet. But thanks anyway, 5 fps is better than nothing!

AidanJC

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Reseat the card if you can. Also try and monitor the clock speed with MSI afterburner or program of your choice.. If its anything but stock 690 speeds, there may be an issue..

My GTX 580 SLI setup does better that 45 FPS in a jet.

MickeyMicrowave

Honorable
May 13, 2012

Reseat? you mean like put it in a different slot right? And if so, how would that help? And i also wouldn't have a clue what the stock 690 speeds should be.

TRENDING THREADS