Copying images from the Internet

teresa

I am trying to save an image from a website with the right click save as
command but my only option is to save it as a .bmp. How can I change this
setting in Windows XP?

Teresa

Why do you have a problem saving it as a .bmp file?..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Teresa" <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to save an image from a website with the right click save as
> command but my only option is to save it as a .bmp. How can I change this
> setting in Windows XP?

teresa

There are many times when a .bmp is not acceptable such as with animated
graphics.

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Teresa
>
> Why do you have a problem saving it as a .bmp file?..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Teresa" <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to save an image from a website with the right click save as
> > command but my only option is to save it as a .bmp. How can I change this
> > setting in Windows XP?

Hi Teresa,

My PC has 'HELP and SUPPORT' (an other title is possible, I translate
herethe dutch words 'HELP en ONDERSTEUNING'), that way I got answers from
Microsoft Knowledge Base.

A couple of months ago I had this same problem when I picked up some
animated images. Then the original extension .gif went .bmp and there
was nothing I could do. After MKB's advise I did a couple of things, don't
remember what things, but I followed advise. Problem solved afterwards. Vague
remembrance: I had to delete four or five files that could harm the correct
copying.

My english seems to be horrible I heard in this community, it's not my
native language, I picked up a couple of words etcetera. I'm Dutch, in that
language my answer would be more clear
BTW success guaranteed, have pleasure with the animated stuff / Bye.

"Teresa" wrote:

> There are many times when a .bmp is not acceptable such as with animated
> graphics.
>
> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Teresa
> >
> > Why do you have a problem saving it as a .bmp file?..
> >
> > --
> > Mike Hall
> > MVP - Windows Shell/user
> >
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >

> > "Teresa" <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am trying to save an image from a website with the right click save as
> > > command but my only option is to save it as a .bmp. How can I change this
> > > setting in Windows XP?

Hi Teresa,

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

jeff's WebLog : why IE will only let you save as BMP
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User