Sign in with
Your question

Adding a fan controller to Corsair 500r

Last response: in Systems
August 3, 2012 5:49:18 PM

Hey everyone,

I have a new build that I did back in February. I'm looking to replace the white led fans on my Corsair 500r with blue led fans but I know that I will need a fan controller. I'm wondering if anyone can make any suggestions for a fan controller for this case? I'm interested in the Lamptron FC5v2 but I heard that with the tool less drive bays getting some fan controllers to fit correctly can be difficult. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
August 3, 2012 5:52:09 PM

As long as it conforms to the standards of 5.25 inch bays, I don't see why it would have a problem, especially in a well made case like a Corsair 500r. If it doesn't fit, return it under the pretense that it doesn't conform to industry standards.
m
l
August 3, 2012 6:04:49 PM

Well if it's only half the length of the full 5.25 bay as some are then will it still snap in?
m
l
Related resources
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
August 3, 2012 6:45:14 PM

It should, and if not. most cases with tool-less have screw pilot holes. I'm not sure if the Corsair one does, but you can take a look and see. If it doesn't just drill your own.
m
l
August 3, 2012 6:56:57 PM

That model is only designed to be screwed in. I think it will fit but I know it won't snap, unless they changed the design of late.
m
l
August 3, 2012 10:12:14 PM

Great thanks everyone I really appreciate the feedback! Hope everyone has a great day and happy building and playing!
m
l
August 3, 2012 10:14:29 PM

Also now that I'm thinking about it. I think the corsair 500r model has the clip on one side and on the back side (where you do your cable management) has pilot screws just for this type of situation. Wanted to post that in case anyone else had questions about this.
m
l
!