Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Which graphic card better under 290$

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 13, 2012 3:40:19 AM

i want to buy graphic card
my system is as follows

i3 CPU 540 3.07GHz
mobo asus p7
4gb ram

please tell me which graphic card should i buy? :sarcastic: 

More about : graphic card 290

Related resources
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 4:31:26 AM

570 if you dont plan to overclock, 7850 if you do plan to overclock.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 4:58:50 AM

mf2385 said:
GTX 570 HD best choice for that price range, beats HD 7850 and 6950 as well.


not really.in terms of power consumption,overclocking and other comfort factors,7850>570.
Score
0
June 13, 2012 5:02:53 AM

Well in pure performance to dollar, GTX 570 is a nice choice, I must say.
Score
0

Best solution

a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 5:06:34 AM

Well depending on what PSU you have you could basically have 3 options at that price point and so only you can decide what's best for you bud here a break down another member here did of the 3 cards maybe it will be helpful to help you decide GTX 480:


Pros:
* The best performance/price ratio
* Very nice performance - beaten only by GTX 570
* Loads of VRAM - 1.5 GB is enough for moderate 3 screen gaming
* Overclocks better than GTX 570


Cons:
* Very hot - have good airflow!
* Highest power consumption (average - 257W)


HD 7850


Pros:
* Lowest power consumption, lowest temperatures as well
* Overclocks well
* 2 GB of VRAM means it will run nice if you try gaming above 2560x1600


Cons:
* Worst performance/price ratio
* More expensive than GTX 480 but performs slower


GTX 570


Neutral:
* Average performance/price ratio


Pros:
* Fastest out of three cards
* Overclocks well enough (though HD 7850 may be overclocked relatively more, but doesn't get more performance than GTX 570)
* 1.25 GB of VRAM will be enough up to resolutions of 2560x1600


Cons:
* Power consumption - 197 watts, twice as much as HD 7850
* Highest price
Share
June 13, 2012 5:08:01 AM

+1 GTX 570
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
June 13, 2012 5:12:55 AM

GTX 570 definitely.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
June 13, 2012 5:14:33 AM

I hate to put this thread on its head, but if you do have good airflow and PSU, the GTX 480 performes on par with the gtx 570 and on newegg its only $210.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Just putting that out there...
Or you could wait for cheaper midrange GTX 600 series, I hear the 660 is on the way.
Score
0
June 13, 2012 5:17:37 AM

yeah make sure u have a sufficient power supply but yeah GTX 480 is good
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
June 13, 2012 5:20:19 AM

570 or 7850
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 5:46:15 AM

7850 no doubts.570 is about 12% faster than a stock 7850,but you can overclock it to match 580 level performance.otherwise i would go with 480 instead of 570 because-
for $210,it's a steal!
more raw power than a 570.
rock stable drivers
more vram(1280mb 570 and 1536mb on 480).
but once again,i won't suggest any card from 6xxx or 5xx series because 7xxx and 6xx are out.
only fps count is not the main factor,5970 and gtx 295 are still very capable cards but will you buy it? no if you are wise enough.
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 3:38:12 PM

Wait for 660 ;)  that's what i am doing and depending on how they preform i might be replacing my 2 old ass 560TI :lol: 
Score
0
a c 192 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 123 à CPUs
June 13, 2012 3:56:07 PM

I would suggest that the much lower priced HD7770 or HD6850 would be better matched to your CPU (or 1GB GTX460 non-SE if you prefer nVidia).

What PSU do you have (brand and model, not just wattage), and what is your current graphics card?
Score
0
June 13, 2012 3:59:50 PM

i just dont understand why people recommend 570's over a 480 which is $60 cheaper and will perform and overclock better. I have had my reference EVGA 480 for 2 years now, OC'd pretty extensively at 880 core and 2100 Mem. I know most people talk about the heat and power consumption but they are from reviews on the cards when they were first introduced. The new drivers have done wonders for this card and as long as you have a decent cooling case you will be fine. With my OC i was expecting my card to blow up from all the stuff i was reading, but with my fan speed at 78% at my OC it never goes above 82 degress (and these cards can easily handle higher temps along the range of 95 degress) My vote... get the 480, give it a mild OC to 800 core (which it will do easily) and now you have yourself a GTX 580 for 60 bucks cheaper then a 570.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 4:21:49 PM

Onus said:
I would suggest that the much lower priced HD7770 or HD6850 would be better matched to your CPU (or 1GB GTX460 non-SE if you prefer nVidia).

What PSU do you have (brand and model, not just wattage), and what is your current graphics card?


I agree but feel compelled to offer the 6870
Score
0
a c 192 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 123 à CPUs
June 13, 2012 4:35:41 PM

Yes, the HD6870 (or GTX560 for nVidia) would also be suitable, and would leave money for a PSU upgrade if needed.
Score
0
June 13, 2012 4:59:01 PM

If you want the absolute biggest bang for your buck, buy a GTX 580 from Ebay. You can probably get one for around or under $300 if you look hard enough. You will have to do your homework, just make sure it comes with a warranty. Buy EVGA, check out their new warranty policy. I bought a open box EVGA GTX 580 SC for $315 just about a month and a half ago. It also had 2.5 years left on the warranty. There is no shame in buying a used card.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 5:17:25 PM

but still i would go with 480 cause-
cheaper
more raw power
more vram
rock stable drivers.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 5:20:02 PM

^are you talking to me sir?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 5:20:11 PM

Quote:
Good find jeff^


I know its a little more expensive than the GTX 480, but I live in a hot climate (inland California) so that lower power consumption would be important to me! If you lived in a cool climate and electricity isn't an issue the GTX 480 is only $209.99 right now at Newegg.com.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 5:22:46 PM

^oh :) 
Score
0
a c 192 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 123 à CPUs
June 13, 2012 7:28:26 PM

Considering his CPU, those cards are overkill, and more money than he needs to spend. Also, we don't know anything about his PSU; can it handle the load?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 13, 2012 8:20:19 PM

Agreed jtt283 but I did it myself I underbought.
Score
0
June 17, 2012 10:07:56 AM

actually this is my first graphic card so i dont know about psu means which psu is best for me and for which graphic card.
i think i should buy 570 but is it bottleneck on my pc or not..?if not then can i play upcoming game on that gpu..?
Score
0
June 17, 2012 10:14:42 AM

hellfire24 said:
not really.in terms of power consumption,overclocking and other comfort factors,7850>570.


is 570 bottleneck on my pc?

Score
0
June 17, 2012 10:16:41 AM

Best answer selected by devil_77.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2012 10:19:16 AM

psu = power supply unit.
you should buy a 650w psu and a 78xx card.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2012 10:23:32 AM

bigcyco1 said:
Well depending on what PSU you have you could basically have 3 options at that price point and so only you can decide what's best for you bud here a break down another member here did of the 3 cards maybe it will be helpful to help you decide GTX 480:


Pros:
* The best performance/price ratio
* Very nice performance - beaten only by GTX 570
* Loads of VRAM - 1.5 GB is enough for moderate 3 screen gaming
* Overclocks better than GTX 570


Cons:
* Very hot - have good airflow!
* Highest power consumption (average - 257W)


HD 7850


Pros:
* Lowest power consumption, lowest temperatures as well
* Overclocks well
* 2 GB of VRAM means it will run nice if you try gaming above 2560x1600


Cons:
* Worst performance/price ratio
* More expensive than GTX 480 but performs slower


GTX 570


Neutral:
* Average performance/price ratio


Pros:
* Fastest out of three cards
* Overclocks well enough (though HD 7850 may be overclocked relatively more, but doesn't get more performance than GTX 570)
* 1.25 GB of VRAM will be enough up to resolutions of 2560x1600


Cons:
* Power consumption - 197 watts, twice as much as HD 7850
* Highest price



Most of the things said here are flawed and biased.

The 7850, mildly overclocked to 1050mhz, is at gtx 580 performance most of the time, while doing so at about 100W less than stock gtx 580 and 150W less than stock gtx 480 (which is about 20-30 percent slower if you overclock the 7850).

7850 stock & oc performance - http://www.anandtech.com/show/5625/amd-radeon-hd-7870-g...

gtx 570 and 480 performance - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-570-gf1...

"Our opinion of Nvidia's $349 GeForce GTX 570 changes depending on the frame of reference. Compared to Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 480—the short-lived flagship—GeForce GTX 570 is a home run. It’s faster, cooler, quieter, and less expensive. Relative to GeForce GTX 580, the 570 performs and is priced appropriately."

You better NOT overclock the gtx 480, which is a huge, extremely hot, extremely power hungry card. These card are still left in stock since 2010 for a reason. The gtx 480 is about 10-15 percent slower than gtx 570 at stock settings.
Score
0
June 17, 2012 10:23:39 AM

hellfire24 said:
psu = power supply unit.
you should buy a 650w psu and a 78xx card.


but i am going with nvdia570
so how much psu required?
Score
0
June 17, 2012 10:53:10 AM

Quote:
Completely wrong.



as in toms review there will be result that 570 is better than 480 so why are you said he is wrong? can you explain it

Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2012 11:04:15 AM

doron said:
Most of the things said here are flawed and biased.

The 7850, mildly overclocked to 1050mhz, is at gtx 580 performance most of the time, while doing so at about 100W less than stock gtx 580 and 150W less than stock gtx 480 (which is about 20-30 percent slower if you overclock the 7850).

7850 stock & oc performance - http://www.anandtech.com/show/5625/amd-radeon-hd-7870-g...

gtx 570 and 480 performance - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-570-gf1...

"Our opinion of Nvidia's $349 GeForce GTX 570 changes depending on the frame of reference. Compared to Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 480—the short-lived flagship—GeForce GTX 570 is a home run. It’s faster, cooler, quieter, and less expensive. Relative to GeForce GTX 580, the 570 performs and is priced appropriately."

You better NOT overclock the gtx 480, which is a huge, extremely hot, extremely power hungry card. These card are still left in stock since 2010 for a reason. The gtx 480 is about 10-15 percent slower than gtx 570 at stock settings.
I won't waste my time argue with a noob such as yourself so believe what you want i could careless.
Score
0
June 17, 2012 11:04:31 AM

doron has raised a good point on another thread as well. The GTX 580 is already getting scarce and yet the GTX 480 is still being pushed by newegg...Why? If the 480 is such a wonder-card then why are newegg and other retailers still sitting on a heap-pile of 480's and practically begging people to buy them?
Score
0
June 17, 2012 11:11:32 AM

bigcyco1 said:
I won't waste my time argue with a noob such as yourself so believe what you want i could careless.


hey how much psu required for 570
Score
0
June 17, 2012 11:14:27 AM

You don't call trying to sell the GTX 480 for almost half the price of a GTX 580 begging for buyers? It's comical.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2012 11:14:39 AM

devil_77 said:
hey how much psu required for 570

550-600w for single card and 800-850w for SLi.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2012 11:16:20 AM

bigcyco1 said:
I won't waste my time argue with a noob such as yourself so believe what you want i could careless.

yeah but sometimes it is necessary to give a kick ass answer to shut their mouth.
Score
0
June 17, 2012 11:22:55 AM

$ speaks louder than words...why is the highly vaunted GTX 480 (according to recon-uk) selling for about half the cost of a GTX 580? And the 580 is getting scarce now but newegg is still pimping the GTX 480?
Score
0
June 17, 2012 11:23:35 AM

ok thanks for that but can you give me any link that 480 give much more performance than 570 on highest setting.also how much did it give me fps on my i3 processor540 3.07GHz
Score
0
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2012 11:24:35 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!