Trying to salvage HTPC after suddenlink converted to all digital tv signal

ambrosio191

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Hello,

I have a HTPC running windows 7 professional with windows media center to record TV with a Hauppauge 2250 tuner card. Suddenlink recently switched to an all digital TV signal and now the tuner card does not recognize any TV channels. One of the TVs in my house has a set top box that we use to get HBO. Is there anyway to get my current hardware to record TV?

Thanks for any help.

Wolfshadw

Titan
The connector cable connect for the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 handles both ATSC (digital) and ClearQAM from your cable provider. Have you tried rescanning for channels?

If Suddenlink decided that along with changing to a digital signal, they're going to encrypt everything, then you're pretty much out of luck. You'd have to get another set top box the do the decryption and then output from that to the Hauppauge card.

-Wolf sends

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
If your cable company went this long consider yourself lucky. Mine made the switch to all digital for there HD about 2 - 3 years ago. Since then the only thing I can get on my Hauppauge is basic Cable (analog, No HD like there was before they switched) or Clear QAM over the air (can only pick up one station after trying 3 or 4 different antennaes).