Seeking Advice for Build, Ordering This Week

Y060N

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: This week if possible

Budget Range: $1200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Primarily gaming, surfing the web, etc.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: NewEgg

Parts Preferences: No Preference

Overclocking: I prefer not to.

SLI or Crossfire: I prefer not to.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 and possibly upgrading to 1920x1200 in near future.

Additional Comments: Being able to play the latest games at good or great FPS on highest settings, I would like the best parts for the money. The case can just be simple and does not matter much to have lights/see through panes on it.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I'm using a laptop and it's not cutting it.

Right now I am thinking of this build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dMPI

Thanks in advanced, and as always I appreciate any help!

ssj58trunks

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
If you happen to have a Microcenter in your area you can pick up a 3570k for $190 and an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 for $85 with it. The deal is shown when you place both in your cart that saves you about $75 excluding tax but again this is only instore at Microcenter

Y060N

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
I don't live near one, sadly. I have updated my first post with my build and some extra things to consider. Appreciate the reply!

g-unit1111

Titan
The 660TI will be a mid range GPU that's meant to compete with the Radeon 7850, don't expect it to outperform NVIDIA's higher end GPUs on a lower end budget.

Otherwise everything else on that build looks good.

Y060N

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Updated the links with what my final build looks like - thanks greatly to the input you have given.

Mixolydian

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

I think your build looks great, very similiar to my newly built pc (Specs in my signature). Gotta say that the i5-3570k fully exceeds my expectations, and I haven't even overclocked it yet :D . Good luck with your PC!!!