Netgear 624 wireless router problem

Archived from groups: comp.networks,alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

I have two problems with this wireless router bland new.

1. Connection drops after say 5-50 minutes which can only be
re-established by resetting the router

2. Saving changes made to the router (they call it apply) results in
an updating changes and then an error msg " page cannot be
displayed........".

Should I return this router?

What other clue /suggestion to work my way out?

Any input would be most appreciated

Daniel
Toronto
1 answer Last reply
More about netgear wireless router problem
  1. Archived from groups: comp.networks,alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

    dtong22@yahoo.com (Daniel TONG) wrote in

    > 1. Connection drops after say 5-50 minutes which can only be
    > re-established by resetting the router
    >
    > 2. Saving changes made to the router (they call it apply) results in
    > an updating changes and then an error msg " page cannot be
    > displayed........".

    Try getting the latest firmware from the manufacturer's website and re-
    flashing the router. Our wireless AP kept crashing when we first got it
    till I upgraded the firmware and it has been fine since.

    --
    Colin

Wireless Router Routers Netgear Connectivity Networking