Sign in with
Your question

Is this computer any good?

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
August 3, 2012 7:37:55 PM

Hey, I was looking on ebay and found a company called Envizage. I found this computer:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-Core-i3-2120-Dual-Core-...

I looked on a benchmark site and it said it has got a benchmark of 4,222, which is over twice of what my laptop has, i3-350m, at 2087. I was looking for a cheap desktop and I also thought I could try Ubuntu with it. I won't really be playing any demanding games on it either. So I was wondering whether this would be any good and if it would be much faster than my laptop which has 3gb ram. It says it has a 3 year warranty too. I am just asking whether I should get it because I have never heard of them and was wondering if they are good. Ok thanks :)  .

More about : computer good

August 3, 2012 10:49:15 PM

I mean, it's ok and it's pretty cheap. But you're really not getting high quality parts. A Sandy Bridge i3, SATA II HDD, no GPU, only two PCI slots, and they don't even mention the PSU, which means it's probably a very cheap OEM one.

Like I said the price is very low so I wouldn't expect high-end parts, but even if it's better than your laptop, this PC is yesterday's technology.
Anonymous
August 3, 2012 10:52:15 PM

JMer806 said:
I mean, it's ok and it's pretty cheap. But you're really not getting high quality parts. A Sandy Bridge i3, SATA II HDD, no GPU, only two PCI slots, and they don't even mention the PSU, which means it's probably a very cheap OEM one.

Like I said the price is very low so I wouldn't expect high-end parts, but even if it's better than your laptop, this PC is yesterday's technology.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-AMD-Quad-Desktop-FX4100-3...
is this any good? it says it is made with branded parts.
Related resources
August 3, 2012 11:24:39 PM

It's better than the first. The GT430 is a pretty low-end card these days but better than onboard graphics.

For the price, this seems to be a much better deal.
Anonymous
August 4, 2012 12:11:18 AM

JMer806 said:
It's better than the first. The GT430 is a pretty low-end card these days but better than onboard graphics.

For the price, this seems to be a much better deal.

Is fx4100 a lot better than i3-350m?
August 4, 2012 12:23:42 AM

Quote:
Hey, I was looking on ebay and found a company called Envizage. I found this computer:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-Core-i3-2120-Dual-Core-...

I looked on a benchmark site and it said it has got a benchmark of 4,222, which is over twice of what my laptop has, i3-350m, at 2087. I was looking for a cheap desktop and I also thought I could try Ubuntu with it. I won't really be playing any demanding games on it either. So I was wondering whether this would be any good and if it would be much faster than my laptop which has 3gb ram. It says it has a 3 year warranty too. I am just asking whether I should get it because I have never heard of them and was wondering if they are good. Ok thanks :)  .

Hell no, that thing sucks but it could be suitable for you...what games do you want to play?
Anonymous
August 4, 2012 12:27:43 AM

aqualipt said:
Hell no, that thing sucks but it could be suitable for you...what games do you want to play?

I don't really need it for games. How about the other one?
August 4, 2012 12:28:34 AM

Quote:
Is fx4100 a lot better than i3-350m?

i highly doub it...bulldozer is a complete failure when it comes to gaming, even a cheap 80$ G850 beats the 200$ FX 8150
August 4, 2012 12:30:36 AM

Quote:
I don't really need it for games. How about the other one?

what your budget...btw, cheack your PM's i left you something there.
Anonymous
August 4, 2012 12:32:19 AM

aqualipt said:
i highly doub it...bulldozer is a complete failure when it comes to gaming, even a cheap 80$ G850 beats the 200$ FX 8150

CPU and Memory:
Intel Core i3 350M.
2.26GHz processor speed.
3GB DDR3 RAM memory.
320GB SATA hard drive.

Display features:
15.6in display.
Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.

DVD optical drives:
Dual layer.

Graphics:
Dedicated Intel with HD graphics card.

Interfaces and connectivity:
Multi-Media Card (MMC) compatible.
3 USB ports.
1 HDMI port.
B/g/n wireless/WiFi enabled.

Multi-media features:
1.3MP built-in webcam.
Built-in mic.

I got a laptop with these specs 2 years ago and I want to try a desktop but want it to be faster. Idk what to get, but I don't mind if it doesn't have an os because I wouldn't mind trying ubuntu.
August 4, 2012 12:35:12 AM

Quote:
CPU and Memory:
Intel Core i3 350M.
2.26GHz processor speed.
3GB DDR3 RAM memory.
320GB SATA hard drive.

Display features:
15.6in display.
Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.

DVD optical drives:
Dual layer.

Graphics:
Dedicated Intel with HD graphics card.

Interfaces and connectivity:
Multi-Media Card (MMC) compatible.
3 USB ports.
1 HDMI port.
B/g/n wireless/WiFi enabled.

Multi-media features:
1.3MP built-in webcam.
Built-in mic.

I got a laptop with these specs 2 years ago and I want to try a desktop but want it to be faster. Idk what to get, but I don't mind if it doesn't have an os because I wouldn't mind trying ubuntu.

Good, you definetly need something new...so tell me whats your exact budget so i can help and...let me quote something:

Quote:
I don't mind if it doesn't have an os because I wouldn't mind trying ubuntu.

Did you read the message i sent you???
!