Socket 1155 issue

gamerlana

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
So did a boot test today on my core components I got recently to check them out before my case gets here, and I am a bit worried about something in particular. Using a ASRock Z77 extreme 4 mobo with a i5 3570k cpu. After properly aligning the cpu, correctly I might add, it took quite a bit of force to get the damn locking lever in place. Is this normal practice for this socket? I did some reading and it is supposed to be that way apparently, but I still have my doubts.

Did a boot, sadly no internal speaker to hear the beep, but it runs through checking components fine on the Dr. Debug screen and gives me a d7, which is supposed to be missing keyboard apparently.

Did I do this right? It is my first build and scared to hell. Have to wait for my other parts to get here before I can do a full 100% boot.

bctande1

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
I remember my first build -- try not to panic, because these conflicts are regular. I assume that you have correctly installed the CPU, which does take quit a bit force to lock into place. Seems like you are good so far.