Solved

Socket 1155 issue

So did a boot test today on my core components I got recently to check them out before my case gets here, and I am a bit worried about something in particular. Using a ASRock Z77 extreme 4 mobo with a i5 3570k cpu. After properly aligning the cpu, correctly I might add, it took quite a bit of force to get the damn locking lever in place. Is this normal practice for this socket? I did some reading and it is supposed to be that way apparently, but I still have my doubts.

Did a boot, sadly no internal speaker to hear the beep, but it runs through checking components fine on the Dr. Debug screen and gives me a d7, which is supposed to be missing keyboard apparently.

Did I do this right? It is my first build and scared to hell. Have to wait for my other parts to get here before I can do a full 100% boot.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about socket 1155 issue
  1. Best answer
    It is right it is stiff. It would shut off straight if there was something wrong with the CPU.
  2. I remember my first build -- try not to panic, because these conflicts are regular. I assume that you have correctly installed the CPU, which does take quit a bit force to lock into place. Seems like you are good so far.
  3. I have an extreme 4 and 3570k and I was worried too. I had to push much harder than I wanted to with the clamp. Don't worry about it. It will work.
  4. after years of amd i got a 2600k

and the grinding noise and force it needed to install it gave me nightmares

but it all worked fine :D
  5. Ok, thanks all, hopefully when I give it a total boot in a few days all will be well.
  6. Best answer selected by gamerlana.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Boot Components