Did i recommend the right processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arman567

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Hello,

So my Friend wants to get a new system for his video editing and rendering using sony vegas. He is at a budget and cannot afford any i7 processor so i recommended him an fx 8320 which is definitely within his budget. But the question is will the fx actually perform better than i5 with this video editing and rendering? if so will it be just behind the i7 in these multi-threaded applications (assuming it is idk for sure). i should also say he is willing to overclock it to the fx-8350 level. Btw he doesn't play games anymore

It would be greatly appreciated if someone would tell me if my recommendation was justified and if not suggest someother processor that is not the i7 for this job?

And Also he is upgrading from an Old core 2 duo and he is wondering what kind of performance boost will he see in his rendering and video editing times.

Solution
FX-8320 is right between 3570 and 3770 at rendering. Next step for him would be i7 3930K since 3770K is nearly double the price of 8320 for very little performance increase.

arman567

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

ok lets say he will get an fx-8320, will he see a large performance boost from his Core 2 Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.