Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 3, 2012 11:21:40 PM

PCPartPicker part list//
Price breakdown by merchant//
Benchmarks//

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($407.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition ATX Full Tower Case ($229.29 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On IHBS112-04 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($76.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) ($130.20 @ Amazon)
Total: $1744.39
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-03 18:56 EDT-0400)

This is my first build, I am just asking for opinions on it. Will it work well? It will be used for things such as gaming, hosting decent servers, running high end programs.
Thank you all. I also would like to know, I read online from other builders/gamers that BF3 is a huge game that requires a decent system for high quality gamplay, will this computer do well with that game? Skyrim? Thank you.

More about : build

August 3, 2012 11:24:22 PM

What do you mean by high end programs? For gaming, the i5 is going to better for you. Depends on what you all plan to do with the computer.

With that 670, you can max out any game with ease.
m
l
August 4, 2012 1:06:14 AM

cranked said:
What do you mean by high end programs? For gaming, the i5 is going to better for you. Depends on what you all plan to do with the computer.

With that 670, you can max out any game with ease.

I do feel dumb saying high end programs but I don't know what programs I would be using. I basically just want to make sure that my computer will be able to work well with everything I use on it. Well looking around I just see people talking about how they can use "Said Program" perfectly on their new computer. The question is hard to answer because I can't be very specific on what I am asking. For gaming though I understand that and thank you for the info. I just want to make sure I have minimal limits to what I can do on my computer.
Thank you for the reply!
m
l
Related resources
August 4, 2012 5:21:02 AM

BRADYAC said:
I do feel dumb saying high end programs but I don't know what programs I would be using. I basically just want to make sure that my computer will be able to work well with everything I use on it. Well looking around I just see people talking about how they can use "Said Program" perfectly on their new computer. The question is hard to answer because I can't be very specific on what I am asking. For gaming though I understand that and thank you for the info. I just want to make sure I have minimal limits to what I can do on my computer.
Thank you for the reply!

Are you talking high end programs like Adobe CS5/6 or Autodesk Architectural Desktop? Or are you talking doing some heavy duty photo / video editing? If you're doing any of those then the i7-3770K will come in handy. For everything else it's the i5-3570K.
m
l
August 4, 2012 5:25:24 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Are you talking high end programs like Adobe CS5/6 or Autodesk Architectural Desktop? Or are you talking doing some heavy duty photo / video editing? If you're doing any of those then the i7-3770K will come in handy. For everything else it's the i5-3570K.

Okay I understand now
Thank you very much for all of your help today!
m
l
!