PCI Express x16 graphics cards.

I have a computer from compaq namely "Compaq Presario CQ3150IX desktop PC" which i bought a couple of years ago, Since its graphics doesn't support high graphics demanding games, so i intend to buy a graphics card for my PC. it already has the Integrated graphics using Intel GMA 3100 and it also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards.
so i request you to suggest me the graphics card that would be compatible with my model. please suggest an accurate graphics card, so that i don't face any compatibility issues in the future.
10 answers Last reply
More about express graphics cards
  1. Any PCIe card will work. It is just a matter of space in the case size of the PSU and what budget you have.
  2. my budget is aroun 100$, and my PC has the following features:
    intel core 2 duo e7500 2.93 GHz
    2GB ram
    monitor 0f 18.5 inches with a highest resolution of 1366 * 766
    so please if u know one graphics card , that would help me play high graphics games, do uggest the graphics card,
  3. What is the size of your PSU (power supply)? HD7750 is the best card that will run on 250-300watt PSU.
  4. Hd6450 would be about the highest you can go without replacing PSU and it is not good for gaming.
  5. how large games it can support, ?? any idea ??
  6. Not really since it is not recommended as gaming card. You should be able to upgrade the PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026
  7. i hv the same specs as umar67
    can i buy 7750
  8. What kind of games are you planning on running? You may also run into problems with having only 2 Gb of RAM in your machine.
  9. my specs
    4gb ram
    intel core 2 duo e7500
    2.93ghz
    180 wt psu
    can i go for 7750
    plz tell me which one is better r7 250 or 7750
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Graphics Graphics Cards Compaq PCI Express Product