Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Monitor no signal, need help!

Last response: in Systems
August 4, 2012 12:07:05 AM

I'm having "No DVI Signal" /"No HDMI Signal"/ "No VGI Signal" On my VH236 LCD monitor. I've tried the following:

1. First I connect the DVI to the video card, got the "No DVI Signal". Then I tried connecting the monitor to the DVI socket that's on the motherboard to test out if it works or not, still get the "No DVI Signal".

2. Using 1 memory card (slot closer to the CPU) instead of 2 (I'm not sure if this is a problem but my memory card doesn't seem to attach with the clip that's on the 2 end of the mobo connecting with the memory card). What I mean by the memory card clip is that the brackets shown on : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls @ 11:44 doesn't clip fully in (I'm also following this installation guide but with different build, so if he's making any mistake or have not mention any important step, please tell). My memory card says that It's compatible with z77 mobo. Does the memory card I have suppose to snap in fully or should there by a little bulge?

Some additional cables that I have attached: HDMI on video card with monitor, VGA on mobo with monitor. supplemental CPU power from PSU to Video card, 8 pin 12v_atx connector to mobo. Also I have not installed anything yet. Also, I connected the DVI, HDMI, VGA to see if each works, is that a problem or should I just choose only one?

Here's my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cN7D

More about : monitor signal

a b C Monitor
August 4, 2012 12:52:47 AM

Inserting memory:

Leaver outwards the two dimm clips like is shown in the youtube video so they’re at this position \ ______ /

Insert the correct way by matching the groove in the slot and the memory stick.

Press down firmly until both dimm clips clip into the notches on both sides of the memory stick.

Read your manual on which dimm slots to use if you have 2 or more memory sticks.
m
l
August 4, 2012 1:13:08 AM

boju said:
Inserting memory:

Leaver outwards the two dimm clips like is shown in the youtube video so they’re at this position \ ______ /

Insert the correct way by matching the groove in the slot and the memory stick.

Press down firmly until both dimm clips clip into the notches on both sides of the memory stick.

Read your manual on which dimm slots to use if you have 2 or more memory sticks.

I tried that several times, still same result.
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2012 1:27:48 AM

If done right, they can only go in one way, the memory will be in there fairly tight, no movement at all.

Just use dvi for now until you get your build sorted out. Should only use one port if only one monitor is present.

Make sure everything needing power is plugged in right. Motherboard power connector, cpu fan, gpu power connectors, hdd power connectors, Case switches and wires connected to the motherboard etc.
m
l
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2012 1:29:59 AM

Dont forget to turn it on! computer wont work without power :D  Sorry just incase :) 
m
l
August 4, 2012 2:10:48 AM

I think I noticed the problem... The dr. debug on the mobo stated a status code "53", which in my manual says that it's error is: "0x53: Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected. " So is the memory card OR memory card slot at fault? Since my memory card wouldn't not "click" in. I'm assuming the mobo slots a1,a2,b1,b2 is broken... since My memory card should be compatible.
m
l
August 4, 2012 2:22:54 AM

Double check and make sure you were sent the proper memory. 240-pin DDR3 should fit perfectly into that board.
m
l
August 4, 2012 2:30:07 AM

It's definitely the right memory, double checked and it is the one in my build. with a big sticker on the cover "Z77 compatible". Anybody know if this time of mobo defect every occur? I mean... all 4 slots are not compatible with this memory card. I'll see if I can get a different memory card that's compatible and see if it's the card or mobo.
m
l

Best solution

a b C Monitor
August 4, 2012 5:33:32 AM

you are pressing the memory in aren’t you? They slot in a bit, some pushing required.
August 14, 2012 6:09:46 AM

Best answer selected by tmnguy43.
m
l
!