Geforce fx 5200lp vs intel graphics extreme controller 2

aTastyCookie_84

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Ok so my friend is needs a gpu to replace his current intergrated intel extreme graphics controller 2, i had an old AGP gpu in my pc so i decided to give it to him for free, its a geforce fx 5200lp, i wanted to know if it is any better than that intergrated graphics card that he has, and will he recognise any difference while gaming on old games like gta san andreas or vice city.

he is building a new gaming rig, it will be done in the summer, he just wants a graphics card to play some old games in the mean time.

So is a fx 5200lp agp gpu any better than P4 intergrated intel graphics extreme controller 2.
He will be gaming at 800x640, no aa, everything on low.

aTastyCookie_84

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I know it will play it, but i want to know if he will see any difference between this and his intergrated one, he will be playing multiplayer, which is more intense, he might lower his res to 640x400, he hopes he could get stable 40 fps.

I would have to say that the nvidia FX 5200 will be easily at least 50% more powerful than the Intel Extreme Graphics Controller. Note that is does not directly translate into a 50% increase in FPS.

The only extreme thing about the Intel Extreme Graphics Controller is it's lack of performance.