Closed Solved

What PSU do I need?

Hi, I was thinking of upgrading my E-300 APU for a i3-3220, what psu do you think I need? Right now, it's on those things like the power connector on laptops, not sure what they're called :)

I have a 500 GB, 7200 rpm hard drive, a dvdrw cd drive, and 3 GB DDR3 memory, NO gpu and I won't be adding one, integrated should be fine :)
If you need more information, I'll try to get it.

Thanks
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what need
  1. You building a desktop? Intel and AMD do not share sockets!
  2. rolli59 said:
    You building a desktop? Intel and AMD do not share sockets!

Yes, of course I know :) I'm getting a new motherboard for it.
  3. Best answer
    That setup will run on any 250watt and up PSU without a discrete GPU but here good for the price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026
  4. rolli59 said:
    That setup will run on any 250watt and up PSU without a discrete GPU but here good for the price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

Thanks, I'll think about it, but isn't 430W a bit overkill? I don't think I will ever add a GPU, and I don't think I will ever convert to high end cpu here, it's mainly for web browsing and some productivity applications that is just a bit slow on this E-300.
    But if you think that one is the best, That's fine :)
  5. Thoughts !

1. Best integrated solution is AMD A-10, 5800k (about $120)
    2. Requires FM2 Mobo
    3. If you plug your parts data into PCpartpicker.com is will caculate your req'd PSU
    4. I like to double the requirement to ensure PSU livespan / efficiency

good luck !
  6. For the price it is good and price wise there is no difference when you get to quality brands if it is 300watt or 400+watts. It will only pull from the wall what the components need and therefore run cool at low loads.
  7. Best answer selected by kracker.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product