Sign in with
Your question

Video not working windows 7

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 13, 2012 5:03:32 PM

bought a new acer computer w/ windows 7 and video wont run properly.Where do I make changes for optimal performance.Thanks

More about : video working windows

a b U Graphics card
June 13, 2012 6:00:34 PM

Hi riward,

Before I can help I have a few questions:

What kinds of video problems are you having?
Do you get a picture on the screen when you turn on the computer?
Is it a problem with your video playback?
Is your computer a laptop or a desktop?
What are the specs of your computer?
m
l
June 13, 2012 9:19:57 PM

They appear black, you tube, espn, they were buffering horribly slow and I removed Mcafee and installed Microsoft essentials.Now they have gone black.Not sure it has anything to do with itIt is an Acer Desktop PC AX1430-UR12P with AMD Dual Core E-350 Processor.4gb memory,500gbhardrive.Not sure about the rest of the equipment.Do you think its the flash player? or graphic card driver is what Im thinking, but what do I know.Thanks for your time.Maybe the internet is effecting it?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2012 3:34:40 AM

Is it only online videos where you see the problem? Have you tried DVD playback, or maybe a video you have taken with a phone or camera?

You'd have to rule out Internet connectivity problems before we narrow in on hardware.
m
l
June 14, 2012 3:06:50 PM

So we came to find out that it was Internet Explorer.Apparently from talking about this, Internet Explorer has some problems.Downloaded Adobe Flash Player and used Firefox and all is good.Thanks for your input.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2012 3:09:23 PM

That's good news. Software problems are usually easier to deal with than hardware problems.

If you have what you need, please select a best answer so that the mods close the thread.

Thanks.
m
l
!