Sign in with
Your question

Razer Tiamat 7.1 Compatibility with Asus Xonar D2X

Last response: in Components
December 18, 2012 4:33:56 PM

I have just bought a Razer Tiamat 7.1 and an Asus Xonar D2X together, however I have just gone over the Tiamat's website page again and found the sound cards compatible with the Tiamat, and the Asus Xonar D2X wasn't one of them.

Will they be able to work together in perfect harmony?

Thanks,

xwdaniel2803
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 18, 2012 5:01:34 PM

As a rule: USB connections mean the soundcard does no work whatsoever. Razer claims the Timat gets around this limitation as part of their driver package, but I can't comment one way or the other. If they don't list any ASUS cards though, then its likely that feature isn't supported.
Related resources
July 1, 2013 3:03:27 PM

have you tried the soundcard? if so did you notice any difference? because I have a razer tiamat 7.1 and just bought the asus d2x/xdt but it hasn't arrived yet so I was just wondering if it was good :) 
July 4, 2013 12:40:09 PM

Loxorz said:
have you tried the soundcard? if so did you notice any difference? because I have a razer tiamat 7.1 and just bought the asus d2x/xdt but it hasn't arrived yet so I was just wondering if it was good :) 

Yes I have - in my opinion it was a huge upgrade from my onboard sound, however I have a pretty old motherboard (GA-G33-DS3R) so...
!