Search Assistance Needed

I am personalizing a new computer, and this computer does not have an option
that I have grown accustom to on my old computer... and that is my "Start" >
"Search" > "File Finder" option ... it has the "Search" > "For Files of
Folders..." option, but it does not work - Receive window that says: "Search
Companion ... unexpected error ... action could not be completed"

Could some one please asset me in locating or activating my "Search" > "File
Finder" option...

Thanks!
SeaJay

SeaJay wrote:
> I am personalizing a new computer, and this computer does not have an option
> that I have grown accustom to on my old computer... and that is my "Start" >
> "Search" > "File Finder" option ... it has the "Search" > "For Files of
> Folders..." option, but it does not work - Receive window that says: "Search
> Companion ... unexpected error ... action could not be completed"
>
> Could some one please asset me in locating or activating my "Search" > "File
> Finder" option...
>
> Thanks!
> SeaJay

In case you can't fix it try this:

http://desktop.google.com/

SeaJay,

See if this command helps - From Start, Run:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"SeaJay" <cfortune-NoSPAM-@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
>I am personalizing a new computer, and this computer does not have an
>option that I have grown accustom to on my old computer... and that is my
>"Start" > "Search" > "File Finder" option ... it has the "Search" > "For
>Files of Folders..." option, but it does not work - Receive window that
>says: "Search Companion ... unexpected error ... action could not be
>completed"
>
> Could some one please asset me in locating or activating my "Search" >
> "File Finder" option...
>
> Thanks!
> SeaJay

I ran the suggested command and received: "RegSvr32 ... DllRegisterServer
and DllInstall in shell32.dll succeeded"...
ReBooted Computer, with zero noticeable results as to just what I did...
The "Search" > "File Finder" still was not present...
Maybe someone may come up with another possible attempt for me to locate my
"Search" > "File Finder"...
Thanks!
SeaJay

> SeaJay,
>
> See if this command helps - From Start, Run:
>
> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "SeaJay" <cfortune-NoSPAM-@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I am personalizing a new computer, and this computer does not have an
>>option that I have grown accustom to on my old computer... and that is my
>>"Start" > "Search" > "File Finder" option ... it has the "Search" > "For
>>Files of Folders..." option, but it does not work - Receive window that
>>says: "Search Companion ... unexpected error ... action could not be
>>completed"
>>
>> Could some one please asset me in locating or activating my "Search" >
>> "File Finder" option...
>>
>> Thanks!
>> SeaJay

I was addressing this issue:

"Search Companion ... unexpected error ... action could not be completed"

I don't think "File Finder" is a standard option.

--

>I ran the suggested command and received: "RegSvr32 ... DllRegisterServer
>and DllInstall in shell32.dll succeeded"...
> ReBooted Computer, with zero noticeable results as to just what I did...
> The "Search" > "File Finder" still was not present...
> Maybe someone may come up with another possible attempt for me to locate
> my "Search" > "File Finder"...
> Thanks!
> SeaJay

>> SeaJay,
>>
>> See if this command helps - From Start, Run:
>>
>> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "SeaJay" <cfortune-NoSPAM-@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>I am personalizing a new computer, and this computer does not have an
>>>option that I have grown accustom to on my old computer... and that is my
>>>"Start" > "Search" > "File Finder" option ... it has the "Search" > "For
>>>Files of Folders..." option, but it does not work - Receive window that
>>>says: "Search Companion ... unexpected error ... action could not be
>>>completed"
>>>
>>> Could some one please asset me in locating or activating my "Search" >
>>> "File Finder" option...
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> SeaJay

I apologize for the misunderstanding, my priorities were not in order ...
the procedure described DID Fix the "Search Companion ... unexpected error
.... action could not be completed" issue...
Thank You!
SeaJay

>I was addressing this issue:
>
> "Search Companion ... unexpected error ... action could not be completed"
>
> I don't think "File Finder" is a standard option.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "SeaJay" <cfortune-NoSPAM-@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I ran the suggested command and received: "RegSvr32 ... DllRegisterServer
>>and DllInstall in shell32.dll succeeded"...
>> ReBooted Computer, with zero noticeable results as to just what I did...
>> The "Search" > "File Finder" still was not present...
>> Maybe someone may come up with another possible attempt for me to locate
>> my "Search" > "File Finder"...
>> Thanks!
>> SeaJay
>>
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> SeaJay,
>>>
>>> See if this command helps - From Start, Run:
>>>
>>> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "SeaJay" <cfortune-NoSPAM-@ec.rr.com> wrote in message

"Start" > "Search" > "File Finder" option >>UpDate<<

Not realizing the above item was not a standard Windows option ...

I was able to (again) obtain such from a program called "PowerDesk" from
"v-com"...

Thought I would post this UpDate for future reference...

Enjoy!
SeaJay

> "SeaJay" <cfortune-NoSPAM-@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
>I am personalizing a new computer, and this computer does not have an
>option that I have grown accustom to on my old computer... and that is my
>"Start" > "Search" > "File Finder" option ... it has the "Search" > "For
>Files of Folders..." option, but it does not work - Receive window that
>says: "Search Companion ... unexpected error ... action could not be
>completed"
>
> Could some one please asset me in locating or activating my "Search" >
> "File Finder" option...
>
> Thanks!
> SeaJay

Thanks for posting back!