Sign in with
Your question

Live Gamer HD not displaying any Picture.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 13, 2012 7:36:51 PM

Hey guy's Sorry I must post this here. As the Avermedia forums are lacking in every aspect of a forum.

I just picked up the Avermedia Live Gamer HD capture card and I am running into some problems.

First I will run down what I am using.

Motherboard: AsRock Extream4 Gen 3
Processor: Intel I7 2600k
GFX: 2x Radeon 6850
RAM: 12 GIGS DDR3

Monitor: HP 2009m

All my drivers are up to date. With all Windows updates too.

The issue I am running into is that I use the setup from the manual of the Capture card. Which is this.

GPU out -----HDMI CABLE----- Capture IN

Capture out -----HDMI/DVI Cable "That they provided" -----My own DVI cable----- Monitor

My monitor says it supports DVI-D which I tried both DVI single and DVI-D

Also I know the card works because I hooked it up to a TV and removing the HDMI/DVI conveter cable and using the HDMI .

Issue stands here. I don't get any signal from the capture card when running this setup. When I power on my computer the monitor cuts on to say "Going in sleep mode" I reset my monitor settings too.

June 18, 2012 2:38:20 AM

Hi Stephen_59!

I'm also an Avermedia user previously purchased their C127 Game Broadcaster HD and recently the C985 Live Gamer HD. On my platform both of the cards performed very well, had no problem with display issues so far.
I'm wondering about few details regarding your setup.
You said that:
1. don't get any signal from the capture card
>>does that mean that you don't get windows screen on your monitor or windows screen can be seen but there is no video in RECentral
2. I hooked it up to a TV and removing the HDMI/DVI conveter cable and using the HDMI
>>does it mean GPU out-----HDMI cable-----Capture IN
or GPU out-----HDMI cable----Capture IN
3. What if you try the following setup: GPU out---HDMI cable---HDMI/DVI Cable "Avermedia provided" -----My own DVI cable----- Monitor, what is the result you get this way?

Cheers!
!