AMD A10-5800k be enough?

twp8888

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
I'm looking to build a rig that wont cost me much. I was wondering if i should go with the 5800k or another CPU.

What i would be doing;

Photoshop
Video Editing
Movies
Programming
Occasional Gaming (not really picky on how high detail a game is) as long as i have a playable FPS.

Anyways that's about all i would be doing. Would you suggest this CPU or should i look for another one?

Thanks!

twp8888

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Can you explain a bit more on what you mean by what kind? I didn't know there were different types of editing o_o..Id be mostly doing, Trailers, Video Edits (Effects). Basic to intermediate editing.. If that helps at all.

twp8888

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
I'm not picky on render times. I don't mind waiting a fair amount of time for it to render, but if it is outrageously slow then yes i mind.

EDit: To Popatim

I would be thinking about upgrading the A-10's graphics to a GPU Instead of the iGPU installed. But i don't know how long it will be until i get the money to buy a graphics card since i'm on a huge budget. Does the Crossfire work nice on the A-10? Oh and i would be overclocking the A-10 (hopefully will be better)

popatim

Titan
If a gpu is out of the question and you really need someting now then the 7660g is much better than intels hd2000/3000/4000 offerings. Just keep in mind that the a10 processor core is not as advanced as the fx at the same clock speed so dont expect to pull the same frame rates from a gpu that the fx can do.

I also would not bother with crossfire on an a10, you'll just have something slightly better that the lowest level gaming graphics due to the limited selection of what the a10 can crossfire with.