Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HOW DOES THIS SOUNG FOR A GAMING PC?

Last response: in Systems
August 4, 2012 6:46:56 AM

ok so i'm going to build myself a gaming pc, because i want better graphics, better accuracy and more freedom than what i can achieve on console :)  +++ MODS This is my first build but i HAVE done lots of research XD
So here's my components...

CPU: i7 3820
MOBO: Asrock x79 extreme 7
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680
RAM: Corsair vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
HDD: Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm
PSU: corsair HX650
CASE: Haf x nvidia edition
CPU COOLER: corsair H100
OPTICAL DRIVE: Lite on dvd/rw 24x

Firstly, I KNOW 16GB RAM IS OVERKILL FOR GAMING!!! But i am going to be doing video editing aswell so yea :p 
secondly, i will have to get a higher wattage PSU if i go sli...
thirdly, PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK :)  I am getting my parts from msy (IN AUSTRALIA) And the total price is around $2000
I checked on newegg and it came aroung at $1700 for the exact same system spec :(  Shame... So lz leave feedback guys!

More about : soung gaming

Best solution

August 4, 2012 7:12:55 AM

you dont need 16GB of ram 8GB is more then enough. but everything else is awsome you must be rich lol

-EDIT- Sorry i didnt see you were doing video editing lol go with 16GB i geuss ?
August 4, 2012 7:19:02 AM

Best answer selected by bayman115.
Related resources
August 4, 2012 7:21:27 AM

gibbls said:
you dont need 16GB of ram 8GB is more then enough. but everything else is awsome you must be rich lol

-EDIT- Sorry i didnt see you were doing video editing lol go with 16GB i geuss ?

Yea i have been saving for AGES! It i was originally going to go with 8GB ram but im going to do gameplay's and video editimg and stuff like that so yea :)  I read somewhere that most games are only 32 bit meaning they will NEVER even use over 2gb ram lol XD So yea 16gb is overkill...
And by no means am i rich AT ALL! I'm paying for all of it so that kinda sucks lol :( 
August 4, 2012 7:24:39 AM

Bayman115 said:
Yea i have been saving for AGES! It i was originally going to go with 8GB ram but im going to do gameplay's and video editimg and stuff like that so yea :)  I read somewhere that most games are only 32 bit meaning they will NEVER even use over 2gb ram lol XD So yea 16gb is overkill...

Nice dude ill sub to you most likely i like watching gameplays with graphics cards i might get in the future so i will for sure know it will work when/if i ever get it (gtx 680)
August 4, 2012 7:33:11 AM

gibbls said:
Nice dude ill sub to you most likely i like watching gameplays with graphics cards i might get in the future so i will for sure know it will work when/if i ever get it (gtx 680)

THX dude :)  But i will finish the build like december so its a while away... But i literallly cant wait i just want to play BF3 on ULTRA!!! Haha well thx again man you've been a big help
!