HOW DOES THIS SOUNG FOR A GAMING PC?

Bayman115

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
ok so i'm going to build myself a gaming pc, because i want better graphics, better accuracy and more freedom than what i can achieve on console :) +++ MODS This is my first build but i HAVE done lots of research XD
So here's my components...

CPU: i7 3820
MOBO: Asrock x79 extreme 7
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680
RAM: Corsair vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
HDD: Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm
PSU: corsair HX650
CASE: Haf x nvidia edition
CPU COOLER: corsair H100
OPTICAL DRIVE: Lite on dvd/rw 24x

Firstly, I KNOW 16GB RAM IS OVERKILL FOR GAMING!!! But i am going to be doing video editing aswell so yea :p
secondly, i will have to get a higher wattage PSU if i go sli...
thirdly, PLZ TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK :) I am getting my parts from msy (IN AUSTRALIA) And the total price is around $2000
I checked on newegg and it came aroung at $1700 for the exact same system spec :( Shame... So lz leave feedback guys!

Solution
you dont need 16GB of ram 8GB is more then enough. but everything else is awsome you must be rich lol

-EDIT- Sorry i didnt see you were doing video editing lol go with 16GB i geuss ?

gibbls

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
you dont need 16GB of ram 8GB is more then enough. but everything else is awsome you must be rich lol

-EDIT- Sorry i didnt see you were doing video editing lol go with 16GB i geuss ?

Solution

Bayman115

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

Yea i have been saving for AGES! It i was originally going to go with 8GB ram but im going to do gameplay's and video editimg and stuff like that so yea :) I read somewhere that most games are only 32 bit meaning they will NEVER even use over 2gb ram lol XD So yea 16gb is overkill...
And by no means am i rich AT ALL! I'm paying for all of it so that kinda sucks lol :(

gibbls

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012

Nice dude ill sub to you most likely i like watching gameplays with graphics cards i might get in the future so i will for sure know it will work when/if i ever get it (gtx 680)

Bayman115

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

THX dude :) But i will finish the build like december so its a while away... But i literallly cant wait i just want to play BF3 on ULTRA!!! Haha well thx again man you've been a big help