Is Gigabyte 7750 OC good enough???

xXDrKleinerXx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
I am going for a budget build, because I am planning to buy a PS3 alongside this build, so I was wondering if the 7750 is good enough for gaming? If not, do you have a suggestion for another, better, graphics card. It doesn't matter if it is a few bucks more.

The build I'm planning:

ASUS P8Z68-V LX
Intel i5 2500
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB
Gigabyte 7750 OC
LC Power PSU 600W

What types of games are you trying to play and what quality are you expecting? because I can tell you right now that all other things being equal, you won't get better quality on the 7750 than the PS3, so I would save the money on the PS3 and throw all of that toward a gtx680...

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
What resolution are you going to be running, and what quality do you want? The 7750 is an excellent mid range card that will play games such as Diablo 3 at high settings, however, you will need to turn down the settings when playing high req games like Metro or Battlefield 3.

xXDrKleinerXx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

Lol, I would, but, in my country the 680 costs around $760, so yeah...

xXDrKleinerXx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

No, I was looking at a case that has a PSU. But just now I have read that LC Power is not that good at making PSUs, so I'm gonna get BitFenix case and a Cooler Master PSU. And I just got another build configured:

ASUS P8Z77-V LX
Intel i5 2550K 3.4GHz
BitFenix Shinobi (with window)
Cooler Master GX Lite 600W
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2x2GB)

What do you think about this one? Will I be able to run games that are going to come out?

Are you building this yourself or are you buying a complete PC?

If your on a tight budget then go for the 2500k or even the 2500 or lesser.The 2550k doesn't make sense to me.Why pay more for something that has less?And it's always nice to have the IGP just in case your primary GPU fails.

That PSU is better.But still not some of CM's best work.The 6850 is nice as well.

You'll be able to run any game,yes.But how well you can run it depends on the game.What games are you interested in playing?

The 2550K is a slightly better overclocker than the 2500K, but it's still not worth it IMO for the reason that purple stank specified. The 7770 is better than the 6850 at overclocking and is on-par at stock while now generally being cheaper and using less power, so I can't recommend the 6850 in any situation unless a 7770 is not available. Also, some factory overclocked 7770s, despite still being cheaper than 6850s, perform about on-par with the 6870, so defintiely don't get a 6850 unless a 7770 is not an option. If OP has not chosen a PSU yet, then I recommend a Corsair, Antec, or Seasonic branded PSU. These are the best and the lower wattage models are generally very cheap despite being the best.

I would second blazor on his PSU recommendations. I don't know about pricings in your country, but get Corsair, Antec, or Seasonic branded PSU (whichever is cheaper and meets your needs) and you won't regret it.

also, I agree with getting a 7770, or if you can afford it a gtx 480 (poor power efficiency, but it's the king in performance per dollar). either will play upcoming games well, just may not be at the highest graphic settings, depending on the game

xXDrKleinerXx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

I want to be prepared for new games, like ACIII, Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, on a resolution of 1680x1050 (since that's the max of my monitor). And, I found a new PSU, what do you think about the Chieftec CTG-600-80P. Unfortunately, where I live, they don't have Corsair, Antec or Seasonic right now.

I'm not familiar with that brand. For 1680x1050, I recommend a factory overclocked 7770 with a GPU frequency of either 1.1GHz or 1.15GHz and a memory frequency of at least 5GHz effective. I'd give links, but I don't know where to look for where you live. Can you recommend a website or two for me to check?

That Chieftec PSU is worse.I think the best your gonna get is that CoolerMaster one.Just stick with that.I understand how difficult it is to get quality units at a good price in some areas of the world.

I second the 7770.I didn't realize how even it was with the 6850.And since it consumes far less power and overclocks better it's definitely the better buy.

xXDrKleinerXx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah, I have 2 websites. I don't know if you can use Google Translate though...

http://www.gigatronshop.com/

http://www.comtradeshop.com/

xXDrKleinerXx

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011

Ok... I think I can fit that into my budget... but what do you think about the MB, is it worth it to get a Z77 chipset mobo, or go with the Z68???

Z77's gains over Z68 aren't too important overall. It's mostly just a new chipset to make PCIe 3.0 a standard for a high end LGA 1155 chipset rather than the optional feature that it was on Z68. Z77 does seem to have improved Lucid technologies over Z68, but that only applies if you use an Ivy Bridge CPU. I'd go with Z77 if it's at least around the same price and Z68 if it's significantly cheaper without skimping on anything important.

Neither of your two sites seem to have Radeon 7770s in stock. A Radeon 6870 will do for performance and your PSU is more than enough to handle it. i'll spend a little more time seeing which one seems to be the best 6870 to buy.

Usually most of the Z77 boards are only a tiny bit more expensive then the older Z68 boards.If that's the case where you are I would say go for it.The extra features are worth it.However the Asus mobo you picked out isn't the best quality.Try looking for a ASRock board.They usually have budget builders in mind with their series.

ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
http://www.comtradeshop.com/maticne_ploce/asrock_mb_-_socket_1155_-_z77_extreme6-16111

aji123vsr

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
i heard that the gigabyte hd7750 oc 1gb has crashes and freeeezing issues...i have seeen many issues in many forums is it that so?????????????iam buying it opls suggest it......

Dibya Adhikari

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
can anyone tell me what is GDDr5? will it work on my pc? i am planning to buy gigabyte 7750 or gigabyte 7770.currently i have gt 610 2 gb
i have:
i3 3220
ram 4 gb
psu 550 w