Setup stumping computer mechanics :(

bebattey

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
So it's been a long, arduous, adventure trying to set up my fiance's computer, and we are at such a complete total loss I've resorted to making my own post, as I've used search functions and tomshardware for years now as a lurker.

I will forgo the long story and simply post our setup now and symptoms, even though I'd love to tell it all for the fiftieth time.

Mobo: ASUS P8H61-MLE/CSM
Ram: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 768MB
PSU: 700W Corsair

My problem is that no matter what I do, I get no video.

List of things I have done:
-Replaced motherboard 3 times.
-Cleared CMOS several times, often before switching something else.
-Tested all possible outputs on motherboard, with all possible cords.
-Tested all ram combinations in all slots
-Took motherboard out of case, tested on it's box, same symptoms
-Replaced CPU
-Replaced RAM
-Tested with other PSU
-Tested without graphics card

Things to note:
-I have a setup right now working fine with the graphics card, ram and psu, with an older cpu/motherboard combination.

Simply no video, I whoooole-heartedly appreciate any suggestions or possibilities, whether or not they fix my problem, I appreciate your time spent on me :)

Please and thank you in advance!!

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Older boards like this, it's probably incompatible with ivy without newest motherboard bios.

If you can, try to borrow a previous generation cpu a sandy bridge like a 2400 or 2500k for example, to install everything and update the mobo bios to the newest version.

Then install your ivy cpu.

Yeah, looked around ASUS website, this motherboard only supports the 3570k with bios version 3605 or higher.

TRENDING THREADS