God_of_Chunder

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I'm moving into a new place next month and I want something more than my MBP. I have about 6k to spend which I realize is substantial but I need everything for a computer station right down to the desk, plastic office chair mat and software like office and photoshop.

1.I play a lot of games. Currently my favorites are Company of Heroes, Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft, Civ V, and Borderlands.
2.I do a lot of photography but its just a hobby. I use an SLR so the files are kinda big.
3.I spend a significant amount of time on the information superhighway... yes I just said that.
4.I want to start playing with Maya but I've got access to the learning edition so I don't need to buy it yet.
5.I spend quite a bit of time writing various things as I'm sure everyone does.
6.I'm always listening to music. It's almost all classic rock if that makes any difference. I have maybe 200GB worth of WAV's I ripped from my CD collection.

I think thats about it... I've never built a computer before but I'm ready I think. What recommendations do you have for someone with that strange set of requirements (I hope I was specific enough).