Cooler Master HAF-X or NZXT Phantom?

freakyguy88

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hi. I'm planning my next build and I'm just not sure which case to get. I'm torn between the HAF-X and the Phantom. For now, I will only have an ATX board with 2 GPU's and I will watercool my CPU. In the future, I will probably WC my GPU's as well, but that won't happen in any less than 1 year although probably about 2, but I do like to be able to do that without having to change my case. I thought of the Phantom because it just looks freaking badass and so sexy too. The HAF-X also looks ok to me and it has better cooling capabilities. What really keeps me from getting the Phantom over the HAF-X are the WC'ing options. The HAF-X fits many rads easily and with a little modding, it can easily house many more.

So I have two questions:
1 - If I get a thick radiator such as the RX240 by XSPC, will I be able to fit it on the roof of the Phantom?

2 - Overall for my needs, whicc case would y'all recommend?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Solution
There are brackets to mount a 240 rad on top of the phantom, and there are holes in the back so that you could mount the radiator on the outside back of the case. I modded my phantom to fit a 240 rad on the inside bottom of the case, theres lots of info on that mod if you look around. I love my phantom.

Both great cases, either way you cant go wrong

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
There are brackets to mount a 240 rad on top of the phantom, and there are holes in the back so that you could mount the radiator on the outside back of the case. I modded my phantom to fit a 240 rad on the inside bottom of the case, theres lots of info on that mod if you look around. I love my phantom.

Both great cases, either way you cant go wrong

Solution

freakyguy88

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

I know that you can fit a radiator on top of the phantom, but is there enough space to fit a thick radiator such as the XSPC RX240 without the motherboard getting in the way? I have low profile ram, so that wont get in the way as much as the motherboard heatsink would...

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
You should be able to fit it, i have the same radiator in my phantom, ill take some measurements when i get home from work and make sure. The cpu cooler wouldnt matter, since if you were going WC you wouldnt have a large heatsink anyways... and just so you know, if you put the radiator up top, you wont be able to mount the 200mm fans.

freakyguy88

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

Oh good. And where did you mount the 120mm fans? Up top above the radiator?

Sajanjay

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Cooler Master Cases pretty good. I had some money to spend and I kept my same case from 5 years ago plenty of fans and room and very sturdy. Cooler Master HAF X. Only thing I bought that makes me feel like a genius.