lomboy13

Honorable
May 13, 2012
I can't seem to overclock either core or memory past 30 without it crashing. I have a 1050w Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid, so insufficient power isn't the case.

I just starting seeing odd lines covering textures in Skyrim and weird shadow striping/lines in pretty much all my games (BF3, Skyrim, CS:S, and more)

I already rolled back my drivers to 301.10 and driver swept multiple times. Please do not tell me to reinstall or roll back my drivers. It is not the issue.

I requested an RMA from my computer manufacturer to get a replacement card. Smart move? I have a EVGA Superclocked GTX 680.

Solution
Yea, artifacting at stock settings is either a GPU issue or a power supply issue. The card is probably going bad, but there's an off chance it's not getting the voltage it needs from the PSU.

I would RMA the card and see if the replacement card gives you problems too.

If it does, I would investigate your PSU.

blade061188

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Yea, artifacting at stock settings is either a GPU issue or a power supply issue. The card is probably going bad, but there's an off chance it's not getting the voltage it needs from the PSU.

I would RMA the card and see if the replacement card gives you problems too.

If it does, I would investigate your PSU.

Solution

lomboy13

Honorable
May 13, 2012

Is there anything I can do to check if my PSU is giving my card enough power before I send the card back?

There really isnt a way to test the PSU. In theory it should be more than enough to power the card. You may have just gotten a bad card, sometimes that happens. You'll get a fresh one in the mail.

lomboy13

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Yeah, it's got to be the card. I knew something had to be wrong when I got continuous crashing after barely overclocking the card in the first place. I can't wait to see the ACTUAL potential of this card when I'm overclocking it for real!