Sign in with
Your question
Closed

0C?

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2012 8:57:27 PM

My CPU went to 0C just now while sitting there with about %2 load on 1 core. I'm running with a bunch of fans blowing in and the room I'm in is freezing. Also it clocked it down to 1.4GHz. I even have dual fans running in a Cooler Master 812. Did I magically get my CPU that cold?

PS: I feel frozen.

More about : question

December 18, 2012 9:12:29 PM

i bet u did
a c 134 à CPUs
December 18, 2012 9:14:34 PM

the iceman cometh
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2012 9:33:29 PM

When I touched a fan on the side of the case, my hand felt frozen and dead.
It's a AMD CPU and they do make make less heat at low clocked (AMD supports 60c while Intel does 90c).
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2012 9:41:54 PM

Well the room now is warmer and I'm putting some load on the CPU, it's a bit warmer now (like 15C).
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2012 9:49:48 PM

Hi :) 

It did NOT get to zero degrees....no way in the world, you need better temperature monitoring software...

All the best Brett :) 
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2012 10:00:51 PM

What do you use? CPU-Z?
If what you're saying is the truth, that's pretty neat! Try overclocking it :D 
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2012 10:02:48 PM

payturr said:
What do you use? CPU-Z?
If what you're saying is the truth, that's pretty neat! Try overclocking it :D 

Its NOT true lol...

His room would have to be around MINUS 40 DEGREES for it to be true, and take my word you CANNOT type at that temperature...

Its bad monitoring software...

Best solution

a c 455 à CPUs
December 18, 2012 11:02:07 PM

Holy Hell..

Global Warming is now affecting CPUs!!!!

We are all doomed.....

DOOMED.....
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2012 11:03:58 PM

Well when booting your computer check the temperatures in the bios, I feel its a problem with the software your using. You need to have room temperature in the negatives to achieve zero degrees with air cooling.
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2012 11:59:35 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Its NOT true lol...

His room would have to be around MINUS 40 DEGREES for it to be true, and take my word you CANNOT type at that temperature...

Its bad monitoring software...

The room was around freezing temp.
All that, the CPU was at really low load and the air it was blowing out was so cold.
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2012 12:04:09 AM

melikepie said:
All that, the CPU was at really low load and the air it was blowing out was so cold.

Its still not a TRUE temp...

a b à CPUs
December 19, 2012 12:06:16 AM

melikepie said:

My friend, what are you doing to yourself by letting your home be super cold!? I think there is condensation issues with computer parts when you reach freezing temperatures and rise above it....
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2012 12:10:05 AM

socialfox said:
My friend, what are you doing to yourself by letting your home be super cold!? I think there is condensation issues with computer parts when you reach freezing temperatures and rise above it....

Came home like that.
But those temps are very possible.
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2012 12:12:34 AM

melikepie said:
Came home like that.
But those temps are very possible.

Well if you did measure the room temperatures and it was below zero, you are right there that you can obtain those temperatures but I would be careful with letting the computer idle near freezing temperatures and then making it rise to 15 degrees, condensation is not good for your components.
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2012 12:17:33 AM

socialfox said:
Well if you did measure the room temperatures and it was below zero, you are right there that you can obtain those temperatures but I would be careful with letting the computer idle near freezing temperatures and then making it rise to 15 degrees, condensation is not good for your components.

As soon as I started to do something which uses CPU the temp raised. So what exactly happends when I do that to my CPU?
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2012 12:20:26 AM

melikepie said:
As soon as I started to do something which uses CPU the temp raised. So what exactly happends when I do that to my CPU?

I hear condensation can kill a CPU and motherboard (and other components) and it can also cause rust...
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2012 12:23:26 AM

socialfox said:
I hear condensation can kill a CPU and motherboard (and other components) and it can also cause rust...

Can it freeze my thermal paste?
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2012 12:26:16 AM

melikepie said:
Can it freeze my thermal paste?

I would doubt it would freeze your thermal paste since it is always in contact with the CPU and the CPU emits heat which the thermal paste receives first before passing it on to the heatsink.

Edit: And I believe the freezing point of thermal paste varies (if they even have it) since thermal paste are made up of many different things and quantities.
a b à CPUs
December 26, 2012 2:53:01 AM

Best answer selected by melikepie.
!