gg70

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
I've recently build up my new gaming pc. For this configuration I chose a Sapphire 7870 OC.
I'm a FSX fan so I usually play only this game and I expected very smooth playing game with at least FPS steadly > 25.
Unfortunately I've experienced some issues in different moments of the game, I will list some examples:

1. Black screen (with game still playing... I hear the sounds) when passing from any game menu, back to the normal visualization.
2. Loss of textures.
3. Building's shadow flickering.
4. Hang up pf the game on a offsetted screen.
5. Format resizing (when in full screen)).

Even if I don't have such a long-time experience in building PCs I think the culprit is the graphic card... But before starting a refunding procedure I would like to hear from you some ideas to resolvethis nasty problem.

Here is my complete configuration:

M/B: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel I7-3770K (non-OC)
PSU: BeQuiet! Straight Power Modular 580W
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1833MHz
Graphic Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon 7870 OC
HDD: WD 1Tb 6Gb/s 7200rpm

Thank to everybody
Bye

ulysses35

Distinguished
I used to play FSX on an E8400 with an Nvidia 8800GTX - so the specs of oyur PC are not in question.

FSX is oneof the few games that requires more CPU power tha GPU power, but I think you are probably looking at a driver issue for the video card.

There is also the patches from MS for the game itself.... If I remember correctly Accelerator or something daft that did make a performance difference (positive) when I used them.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
That's a graphic card causing issue, by the sounds of it, but hold up! The issue could be also that the power supply is not providing the proper amount of power for your GPU to run stably!

Sapphire is a more often than not reputable brand (I have had to RMA one of their cards in personal experience) I've used probably 4 or 5 in my time building PC's for myself with no other issues.

I've never heard of BeQuiet!, which makes me question the PSU more than the GPU. Try swapping it out with a more reputable supply, or have it tested at a PC shop nearby to see if it's putting out proper voltages stably.

gg70

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012

I've sized the PSU with the help of some on-line calculators on the base of my system specs and actually the BeQuiet! is a good brand (I chose it after the reading of an article on the Italian page of Tom's Hardware).

I've connected both power cables to my graphic card but how can I monitor the power that is actually flowing into it? Is there a software to monitor power supply to all the PC components?

Thanks

gg70

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Is there anybody out there?
I'm pretty sure the graphic card IS working considering that the system couldn't display 2560x1440 pixel resolution if that was not the case. But how can I be sure it is working at right power settings?

Jeck_m

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Ciao,
sei riuscito a risolvere il problema'? Perchè anche io ho il tuo stesso identico problema! Sopratutto quelli al punto 2e 3.
Grazie