Cross guild communications addon?

Hi folks!

Our guild on Sunstrider joined a coalition with another guild (and
more guilds to come in the future). Our current way to communicate
ingame is a chat channel.
This is, at least in my eyes, lacking some comfort:
- I have no idea who is in this channel (I can do a /who for all
guilds I know, but that's not very easy and I have no idea whether
these people also joined the chat channel)
- I can't follow all the text in the channel (/6) because it looks
like general chat garbage from the public channels (unlike guild
chat, which is green)

I know some addons, like CTRaidassistant, use chat channels to
communicate between players who installed this addon. Is there
another addon that acts in a similar way to allow cross-guild
communication with some comfort features?

Thanks, Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (56) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

u can set text color of ur chat in original UI (rightclick on
chatwindowname).
then u could use /raid -> only ppl in raid can see and write...

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

"Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
> Hi folks!
>
> Our guild on Sunstrider joined a coalition with another guild (and
> more guilds to come in the future). Our current way to communicate
> ingame is a chat channel.
> This is, at least in my eyes, lacking some comfort:
> - I have no idea who is in this channel (I can do a /who for all
> guilds I know, but that's not very easy and I have no idea whether
> these people also joined the chat channel)
> - I can't follow all the text in the channel (/6) because it looks
> like general chat garbage from the public channels (unlike guild
> chat, which is green)
>
> I know some addons, like CTRaidassistant, use chat channels to
> communicate between players who installed this addon. Is there
> another addon that acts in a similar way to allow cross-guild
> communication with some comfort features?

I know there IS one out there....and I wish I had downloaded it when I first saw
it, cuz I can't find it now or remember the name of it. If you happen to find
it let us know!

My guild does the same thing, we have several medium size guilds in a channel to
get together for raids and such. There is a command to list everyone in the
channel, I think its something like /chatwho <name> /whochat <channame>. You
can probably find it in the list if you type /help.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:15:52 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:

>Hi folks!
>
>Our guild on Sunstrider joined a coalition with another guild (and
>more guilds to come in the future). Our current way to communicate
>ingame is a chat channel.
>This is, at least in my eyes, lacking some comfort:
>- I have no idea who is in this channel (I can do a /who for all
> guilds I know, but that's not very easy and I have no idea whether
> these people also joined the chat channel)

/chatlist - List the channels you are currently on.
/chatinfo [channel] - List who is currently on the specified channel.

>- I can't follow all the text in the channel (/6) because it looks
> like general chat garbage from the public channels (unlike guild
> chat, which is green)

Right click chat window tab -> Channels -> click the small colored box
to the right of the channel you want to set the color of -> set the
color.

Tadaa, all build in :)

Try looking at
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/slashcommands.html and
scrolling down to "Chat Commands" to get more channel commands (kick,
join, invite, set moderator, etc.)

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

"Simon Nejmann" <snejmann@worldonline.dk> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:15:52 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>
>>Hi folks!
>>
>>Our guild on Sunstrider joined a coalition with another guild (and
>>more guilds to come in the future). Our current way to communicate
>>ingame is a chat channel.
>>This is, at least in my eyes, lacking some comfort:
>>- I have no idea who is in this channel (I can do a /who for all
>> guilds I know, but that's not very easy and I have no idea whether
>> these people also joined the chat channel)
>
> /chatlist - List the channels you are currently on.
> /chatinfo [channel] - List who is currently on the specified channel.

Ow, nice.

>>- I can't follow all the text in the channel (/6) because it looks
>> like general chat garbage from the public channels (unlike guild
>> chat, which is green)
>
> Right click chat window tab -> Channels -> click the small colored box
> to the right of the channel you want to set the color of -> set the
> color.
>
> Tadaa, all build in :)

Thanks! Well, not as visual the guild tab, but it's better than
nothing :eek:)

> Try looking at
> http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/slashcommands.html and
> scrolling down to "Chat Commands" to get more channel commands (kick,
> join, invite, set moderator, etc.)

I will, thanks again.

Chris

On 2005-07-11 14:15:52 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> said:

> Hi folks!
>
> Our guild on Sunstrider joined a coalition with another guild (and
> more guilds to come in the future). Our current way to communicate
> ingame is a chat channel.
> This is, at least in my eyes, lacking some comfort:
> - I have no idea who is in this channel (I can do a /who for all
> guilds I know, but that's not very easy and I have no idea whether
> these people also joined the chat channel)
> - I can't follow all the text in the channel (/6) because it looks
> like general chat garbage from the public channels (unlike guild
> chat, which is green)
>
> I know some addons, like CTRaidassistant, use chat channels to
> communicate between players who installed this addon. Is there
> another addon that acts in a similar way to allow cross-guild
> communication with some comfort features?
>
> Thanks, Chris

We use the Guilded addon, besides what you want it also has great tools
for planning events, interguild trading and profession advertising.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=905
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 58 - Bloodscalp EU

Christian Stauffer a écrit :
> "Jack D" <jack_221NOSP@Mhotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We use the Guilded addon, besides what you want it also has great tools
> > for planning events, interguild trading and profession advertising.
> >
> > http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=905
>
> Wow! This looks exactly like what I had in mind, it's great!
>
> Thanks! Chris

I can't wait to broadcast it tonight :)

BTW: Alterac Valley is great fun (a bit messy though).