Sign in with
Your question

Dual Display Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 14, 2012 12:39:10 AM

Hi, I'm planning to buy a second monitor for dual screening, I have a PowerColor 6850 GPU which has two HDMI ports. Right now I'm using a VGA to DVI connector for my current DELL 1908 Monitor, and I'm planning to buy the AOC e1621Sw monitor, which is also VGA, no problem since I have another VGA to DVI connector.

My question is, Will they work together? Any special consideration to take into account?

Thank you so much guys!
I have never done this before.

More about : dual display question

June 14, 2012 1:39:56 AM

They should do, yes, unless Powercolor specifies that it won't.
m
l
a b C Monitor
June 14, 2012 3:04:03 AM

It should work.
m
l
Related resources
June 14, 2012 4:34:08 AM

Thanks guys, tomorrow I will buy the monitor and confirm your statement :sol: 
m
l
June 14, 2012 9:41:55 PM

Well, it doesn't work, the second port won't detect any of the two displays. I reinstalled the video card drivers to the latest version, I also tried to detect new devices through windows screen resolution and catalyst control center. Ideas?
m
l
June 14, 2012 10:33:08 PM

Hi I have two VGA monitors, my GPU is ATI PowerColor which has two DVI slots, I use adapters for both VGA monitors. If I connect any the two monitors in the first slot it will work right away (along the plugin confirmation sound). And if I connect any of the two monitors to the second slot I won't get anything, nor a signal or confirmation sound.

I also tried auto detectingvia Catalyst Control Center and Windows Desktop Resolution.
I have the latest drivers installed.

One important thing is that my PowerColor 6850 came with this cable-adapter.

And I only was able to connect the male 4 pin to my Power Supply, I didn't have more cables to connect the remaining 2 pin male. I have no idea if this has anything to do with my issue.
m
l
a b C Monitor
June 14, 2012 10:46:23 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Second display not detected
    m
    l
    June 14, 2012 10:59:47 PM

I just disconnected the DVD Drive to give power to the 2 pin male, nothing changed.

Still looking for advice!
    m
    l
    a b C Monitor
    June 15, 2012 6:30:57 AM

Can you give the specs of the computer. Does it have windows 7?
    m
    l
    June 16, 2012 5:05:58 PM

Luckily my old monitor has a DVI input, I purchased a DVI-D Male/Male Dual Link cable and it worked right a way in the second video card input. Now I'm using both monitors without issues.
    m
    l
    !