Any ideas on a new system ?

steviegeebe

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Hi there I'm a social gamer and am planning on buying Guild Wars 2. I have a crappy of at the moment that's really old and probably not worth updating. It also crashes lots so I'm looking to make a fresh start and buy a new PC. Really the only game I'm interested in playing is gw2 but will probably download a few other low spec games like lol and maplestory. I have about a grand to spend (uk pounds) I would prefer to get a rig (tower only) for under £1000 but I'll pay more if someone says it will make a big difference over a grand. Sorry for my noob question but I am just not technical and there is so many graphics cards alone to pick from, without even starting to think about motherboards and ram. Please advise me and thank you in advance. P.S. can be shop bought but I didn't k ow what catagory to put it in so put it in self build... Which I wouldn't be able to do lol.

Tam93

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Ok well I will give it a go this is the build that I plan on making, it will Run WoW, BF3, Skyrim on max or very High So I can safely say that It will work for you. (Not the exact same parts but close enough)

CPU - Intel i5 3570k

Mobo - GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H Intel Z77 Socket

CPU cooler - Gelid GX7 Quiet CPU Cooler

RAM - Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB

Graphics - MSI Twin FrozR II GeForce GTX 570 OC 1280MB

HDD - Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB internal Hard Drive

Network card - TP Link TL-WN751ND 150 Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter

Case - Corsair Carbide 400R Black Midi Tower Gaming Case

PSU - 520W Antec High Current Gamer HCG-520 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply

This comes to a total of £747.91

I didn't Include a monitor, keyboard, mouse or OS because I did not know whether or not you needed one. But there will be enough left in your budget to purchase them should you need.

Also this is an added optional which is up to you

Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB M4 SSD

Which would take the total to
£826.91

Hope I helped

Tam93

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Well I just worked of the basis that he wasn't because there is Absolutely no Need to do that for the games he wished to play, Especially with a 570

Although I didn't really think about the OC I assume he doesn't need that either.

Tam93

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Not true using the Toms hardware benchmarks for the game I play most at 1920*1080 Ultra
7850 - 71 Fps
570 - 87 Fps

steviegeebe

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Thanks guys for trying to help me but I'm still lost lol. I know I will want to play GW2 on max settings and I'm not too fussed about SLI unless I need to in order to run gw2 on max settings, but I assume I don't need to. I would consider overclocking (if it is what I think it is) but I assume I would need a good cooling system. Can someone post a link to a solid gaming PC they can recomend, rather than individual specifications as there is no way i'll be able to build my own. Thank you

That is stock clocks mate. The 7850 can OC to close to the levels of GTX 580 and STILL BE COOLER than the GTX 570 and require less power.

TRENDING THREADS