Which 680s should I choose?

treestompz

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
What are your thoughts on these three 680s:

(I am planning to run 2-way SLI:)

Galaxy 68NPH6DT6EXZ GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

GIGABYTE GV-N680OC-2GD GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

EVGA SuperClocked+ 02G-P4-2684-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Or any other specific 680 models?

Which one would you choose? I made the mistake of grabbing the Galaxy 680s SOC editions...or was it not a mistake? The reviews on newegg all say they are really loud and aren't the greatest...

Since I am spending so much $, I want to get something reliable. I only bought the Galaxy 680s on impulse because I had been stalking for 680s for a long time (low availability.) Should I return the Galaxy's and get something more reliable?

All help is appreciated as this is my first build! :hello:

dosdecarnitas

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
depends on what case u have and how the card is oriented, if its a BIG like NZXT ATX style then i choose the Gigabyte but if its a Micro ATX with limited Airflow , idgo for the EVGA

heat always tries to move Upward since molecules are less per square inch, thats why in small cases without the proper exhauste fans its better to blow your VGA airflow directly out and not blow it up like in the gigabyte or galaxy where the CPU is

well it might not matter much but at least you get 5 degrees celsius diference

dosdecarnitas

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
i myself always am a little obsessive with thermal paste, and every VGA i own is opened, cleaned and i replace with Arctic Cooling MX-4 thermal paste which has demosntrated to be the best even better than the Arcitc silver thing

i observed that replacing the thermal paste improves at least 3 to 5 degrees Celsius