Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nokia 6230 loses time and date

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:40:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Hi,

Every time I turn off my (Nokia 6230) phone to charge it over night it
loses the time and date. It doesn't lose the time and date if I just
turn it off normally without charging it. Any ideas how I can fix this?
Cheers,
Raphael
August 12, 2004 11:43:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:40:25 +0100, lesshaste
<rcliffor@jesus.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Every time I turn off my (Nokia 6230) phone to charge it over night it
>loses the time and date. It doesn't lose the time and date if I just
>turn it off normally without charging it. Any ideas how I can fix this?
>Cheers,
>Raphael

One of many bugs.

Either get the firmware updated, or just don't turn it off while it's
charging.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 12:16:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

ƧØÞ wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:40:25 +0100, lesshaste
> <rcliffor@jesus.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Every time I turn off my (Nokia 6230) phone to charge it over night it
>>loses the time and date. It doesn't lose the time and date if I just
>>turn it off normally without charging it. Any ideas how I can fix this?
>>Cheers,
>>Raphael
>
>
> One of many bugs.
>
> Either get the firmware updated, or just don't turn it off while it's
> charging.

Sorry if this is a FAQ but how would I get the firmware upgraded? Also,
how would I see what is fixed by each firmware version?

Raphael
Related resources
August 13, 2004 8:43:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:16:12 +0100, lesshaste
<rcliffor@jesus.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>Sorry if this is a FAQ but how would I get the firmware upgraded? Also,
>how would I see what is fixed by each firmware version?

Current is 4.28. Previous releases were 3.14, 3.15 and 3.17. (You
can check yours by keying *#0000#)

Any Nokia Service Centre should be able to upgrade the firmware for
you at no charge, though as 4.28 is very new few if any will have it
yet.

You are correct that this is a FAQ. Nokia refuse to acknowledge that
they issue buggy software, so finding a definitive list of bugs found
in or fixed by the different firmware versions is tricky.

Try Google groups for this newsgroup and for uk.telecom.mobile
(http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en)

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=108417&thr... may
also be of interest.
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 8:04:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Switch off the auto update of time and date.

This will stop it loosing the setting, strange but true!!!


"lesshaste" <rcliffor@jesus.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:411b9c7a$1@news.kcl.ac.uk...
> Hi,
>
> Every time I turn off my (Nokia 6230) phone to charge it over night it
> loses the time and date. It doesn't lose the time and date if I just
> turn it off normally without charging it. Any ideas how I can fix this?
> Cheers,
> Raphael
!