Nokia 6230 loses time and date

Hi,

Every time I turn off my (Nokia 6230) phone to charge it over night it
loses the time and date. It doesn't lose the time and date if I just
turn it off normally without charging it. Any ideas how I can fix this?
Cheers,
Raphael
4 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 loses time date

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:40:25 +0100, lesshaste
    <rcliffor@jesus.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Every time I turn off my (Nokia 6230) phone to charge it over night it
    >loses the time and date. It doesn't lose the time and date if I just
    >turn it off normally without charging it. Any ideas how I can fix this?
    >Cheers,
    >Raphael

    One of many bugs.

    Either get the firmware updated, or just don't turn it off while it's
    charging.

    ƧØÞ wrote:
    > On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:40:25 +0100, lesshaste
    > <rcliffor@jesus.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Every time I turn off my (Nokia 6230) phone to charge it over night it
    >>loses the time and date. It doesn't lose the time and date if I just
    >>turn it off normally without charging it. Any ideas how I can fix this?
    >>Cheers,
    >>Raphael
    >

    > One of many bugs.
    >
    > Either get the firmware updated, or just don't turn it off while it's
    > charging.

    Sorry if this is a FAQ but how would I get the firmware upgraded? Also,
    how would I see what is fixed by each firmware version?

    Raphael

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:16:12 +0100, lesshaste
    <rcliffor@jesus.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

    >Sorry if this is a FAQ but how would I get the firmware upgraded? Also,
    >how would I see what is fixed by each firmware version?

    Current is 4.28. Previous releases were 3.14, 3.15 and 3.17. (You
    can check yours by keying *#0000#)

    Any Nokia Service Centre should be able to upgrade the firmware for
    you at no charge, though as 4.28 is very new few if any will have it
    yet.

    You are correct that this is a FAQ. Nokia refuse to acknowledge that
    they issue buggy software, so finding a definitive list of bugs found
    in or fixed by the different firmware versions is tricky.

    Try Google groups for this newsgroup and for uk.telecom.mobile
    (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en)

    http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=108417&thread=613 may
    also be of interest.

    Switch off the auto update of time and date.

    This will stop it loosing the setting, strange but true!!!

    "lesshaste" <rcliffor@jesus.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Every time I turn off my (Nokia 6230) phone to charge it over night it
    > loses the time and date. It doesn't lose the time and date if I just
    > turn it off normally without charging it. Any ideas how I can fix this?
    > Cheers,
    > Raphael

Nokia Phones