automatic login to windows XP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hello,

I am using VNC to remotely controlling my PC. It is working well but
when I reboot my PC, I need to go to it to click on default user so I can
login into it.

Is there any way that I can setup windows XO pro to login to a default user
after boot up?

There is only one user defined and it has admin privilege.

Best regards

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hi,

Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok
and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ma" <ma@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am using VNC to remotely controlling my PC. It is working well but
> when I reboot my PC, I need to go to it to click on default user so I can
> login into it.
>

> Is there any way that I can setup windows XO pro to login to a default
> user after boot up?
>

> There is only one user defined and it has admin privilege.
>

> Best regards

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

You can use the Windows XP Power Toy "Tweak UI" to do that...ie. auto logon...

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
> click ok. Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok
> and follow the prompts to set up a default logon.

Do you know how to setup the Control Panel so it goes to userpasswords2
instead of the normal userpasswords?

Ash.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hi Ash,

You can't redirect the existing shortcut, but you can add one for "control
userpasswords2":

Line 1, on the right is a tweak from MVP Kelly that will do this.

--

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
> Hi Ash,
>
> You can't redirect the existing shortcut, but you can add one for "control
> userpasswords2":

> Line 1, on the right is a tweak from MVP Kelly that will do this.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for that that worked fine.

Ps. You can somehow redirect the existing shortcut (my laptop has this
behaviour) but gods knows how it happened. (possibly a group policy)

Cheers

Ash.