These Parts ok? :D

It would work fine for that. You could get away with a 500 watt Corsair Builder series PSU if that makes it cheaper.

You also don't need that 200mm fan. If that can help you get a slightly stronger video card like a 6870, I would, but the 7770 will be fine. That CPU fan might not fit with the Corsair Vengeance RAM, but a CoolerMaster 212+ or Evo will.

g-unit1111

Titan
Those Arctic Cooling fans are horrendous - they're no better than the stock fan. And it's never a good idea to get a laptop hard drive on a desktop system - the Momentus really isn't better than a regular 7200 RPM drive.

For that budget I'd get something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor (£89.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus P8H77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£83.99 @ Dabs)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£42.00 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£64.96 @ Ebuyer)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card (£118.42 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case (£33.47 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair 600W ATX12V Power Supply (£53.52 @ Scan.co.uk)
Optical Drive: Lite-On DS-8A8SH DVD/CD Writer (£20.75 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £507.10
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-04 19:07 BST+0100)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Really? I respectfully disagree. I have had 2 7 Pro's on 3 different machines and they have worked excellent even when highly O/Cing. The Hyper 212 EVO I have now is better, but not by a great margin. Granted the 7 Pro is low cost, maybe not up to your standards, but hardly horrendous... IMO.

I'd add to that, considering the Phenom II 965 is now cheaper than the i3. Its the better buy, its going to perform about the same in gaming as the i3. All of the benches that are done are done with video cards and graphics settings that exceed the capabilities of mid-level graphics cards. And for the CPU intensive stuff the OP wants to do, (the editing) the Phenom II is going to excel there. A cheap CPU cooler will easily allow you to overclock it to 4.0GHZ (and at least here in the US a Phenom II 965 $110 from newegg + $20 for 212+ Cooler) is going to cost $5 more than an i3, and well worth it IMHO for the superior multi-threading performance.

But the benches really are irrelevant anyway since any COD game with my 550 TI easily maintains well above 60FPS, and anything on the market can pretty much max out minecraft.

A quality 500 watt PSU is sufficient for the setup. The Cinebench score for an i3-2120 running 4 threads is 3.23. My Phenom II @ 4.0 scores 4.72. So the multi-threading difference is substantial.

g-unit1111

Titan

I bought one and it broke in like five pieces when I was attaching it to the motherboard. Of course I paid $20 for it but still, I was not impressed.