Sign in with
Your question

Help! Dell Latitude c610 CPU upgrade

Last response: in CPUs
December 19, 2012 4:42:25 AM

Ok, so I'm kind of new to this stuff, so please go easy on me. I have this old dell latitude c610 laptop, and I've been avoiding selling it or trashing it, because I don't want to waste the money on a new netbook just yet. But anyway, I seem to be traveling a lot more now days, and I have limited time with my desktop computer, so I was thinking I could use this one to connect with on the move, and a little gaming here and there. Now I don't want to go like 'hardcore' gaming stuff, just like a couple of small games. Problem is most of them require a Pentium4 or higher processor, and if you didn't know, latitude c610's ship with pentium3. So I have been searching for days now, and I haven't found anything too useful yet, so I was wondering if that is a possible upgrade for such an old laptop. And if not is there a way to switch out the motherboard or CPU socket to support pIIII? Thanks in advance!
a c 152 à CPUs
December 19, 2012 4:59:43 AM

Ssheen123 said:
Ok, so I'm kind of new to this stuff, so please go easy on me. I have this old dell latitude c610 laptop, and I've been avoiding selling it or trashing it, because I don't want to waste the money on a new netbook just yet. But anyway, I seem to be traveling a lot more now days, and I have limited time with my desktop computer, so I was thinking I could use this one to connect with on the move, and a little gaming here and there. Now I don't want to go like 'hardcore' gaming stuff, just like a couple of small games. Problem is most of them require a Pentium4 or higher processor, and if you didn't know, latitude c610's ship with pentium3. So I have been searching for days now, and I haven't found anything too useful yet, so I was wondering if that is a possible upgrade for such an old laptop. And if not is there a way to switch out the motherboard or CPU socket to support pIIII? Thanks in advance!

There is nothing out there worth upgrading. That computer is so old that even if you did put a "new" pocessor in there it would still be pretty much useless. Your best bet is to get a new laptop.
m
l
!