AMD A6 3500 supported grahic card

anirudhz

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I have the following Config for my Desktop

1. AMD A6 - 3500 Processor
2. Gigabyte A55M-D2
3. G Skill RipjawsX 4 GB RAM

Can anyone suggest a budget graphic card for the above configuration.

I am struggling to find a graphic card that can work with the inbuilt graphic card.

Thanks.

AC

akangatta

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012

Hello,
Sorry to step into the thread like that, but I thought it would be better than starting a new one with the same topic.
Regarding enabling Dual Graphics with the A6-3500 coupled with a HD Radeon discrete card, has proven impossible for me.
Here is my configuration:
APU:A6-3500
MB: Gigabyte A75M-D2H
RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2*4GB)
Graphics card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6450 (silent edition)
PSU: Antec VP 450W

As you can guess from the specs, I have followed the rules of building a budget PC oriented more toward home entertainment that could still be used as a solid option for casual 3D gaming. The results are more than disappointing.

I cross fired the APU and the Radeon GPU (tick box in the AMD VISION Engine centre) and thought that I had achieved what was advertised by AMD. Not being a heavy gamer, I used my computer casually for internet and some not demanding gaming (Football Manager 2012), but then decided to check the performance of my setup , after I realized that Football Manager was giving a 2 out of 5 in 3D rating for my system. I mean, according to AMD, the A6 is capable of running DIRT 3 flawlessly, therefore a low demanding game should rate my system as a superstar.

I went online, used the Game o meter available on the 3D Mark website, just to be comforted that my system could run virtually all the recent games at honourable settings levels. Then I downloaded #D Mark, and ran the basic version (720p). It ran horrifyingly slowly. In average the FPS is around 5. 5 FPS in a demo the website tells me should run with no problem at high settings.

All the options I could think of, I have tried since then. I disabled Dual Graphics and ran the APU on its own with no luck. I did the same thing but with the Graphics card running, same poor performance.

If you are thinking of coupling a HD6450 to your A6, I would not recommend you do so. I have reached out to AMD to ask if they can offer me a solution. The drivers I use are the latest. I don’t think that the problem could come from the motherboard that even if not extraordinary, would not impact the 3D performance anyhow.

At this point, I am hoping that my A6 has a big defect, because if it is in good working order, then it is a poor piece of hardware, and a poor deal in the end. Dual graphics seems to be a myth, at least with the A6, since the only test of it I could find online were run using an A8.

PS: I am taking any piece of advice. If you think that I am a fool that has missed a glaring flaw in his building of a computer please let me know. I would take all the criticism even the harshest if that leads to me ending that nightmare. I was hoping playing Anno 2070 that was offered to me recently, but I am not really found of the slideshow style it has when running on my brand new PC.