Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need quick answer! Help!

Last response: in Systems
Share

Which deal?

Total: 4 votes (1 blank vote)

  • Deal1
  • 67 %
  • Deal2
  • 0 %
  • Neither
  • 34 %
August 4, 2012 9:14:56 PM

Hi guys,
Just wanted a quick check before pulling the trigger on a deal.

Note that I am from Canada
There are 2 bundle deals

Deal1.
a. i5 3570K
b. Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
c. Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB DDR3-1600MHz

total $370 + $5 shipping - 10 MIR

Deal2.
a. i5 3570K
b. Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
c. Gigabyte PCIe Expansion Card Bluetooth 4.0 and IEEE 802.11 A/B/G/N WI-FI
GC-WB300D

total $380 + $8 shipping - 10 MIR

Deal #1 is a better value deal except the memory is 1600 at 1.65V. as far as I know 1.65V memory will work on 1.5V but it may become 1333. So not the best memory since I wanted 1.5V 1600 memory.

Deal #2 is worse but I do need a wifi-card. But I can't really get much information on GC-WB300D. It seems it's out of stock/not inventory from famous retailers.

Which deal would you choose?
Any comment I would appreciate (Except for the ASrock extreme4. It's expansive here in Canada)

Forgot to mention.
I already have a case -> Corsair 500R

Planning to buy it tonight.
Thank you in advance.

More about : quick answer

August 4, 2012 9:19:52 PM

Go with the 2nd one. The 1.65 will screw you over when you're overclocking. Although it's not as good of a deal it's better than having ram that will mess you up on something such as overclocking.
August 4, 2012 9:24:02 PM

aznshinobi said:
Go with the 2nd one. The 1.65 will screw you over when you're overclocking. Although it's not as good of a deal it's better than having ram that will mess you up on something such as overclocking.


Other than not being able to over clock a lot over 1600, is there any other issue I might face?
Related resources
August 4, 2012 9:27:48 PM

You won't have wireless if you go with the first...
August 4, 2012 9:30:07 PM

No that's about all the issues but yeah you won't have wireless.
August 4, 2012 9:34:41 PM

Yeah I but 2nd deal I won't have ram lol

First deal is better but since it's not the ram I really like. Maybe I should go with 2nd one and get a memory I like.

The thing is I can't seem to find a lot about the wifi card from the 2nd deal.
August 4, 2012 9:39:35 PM

Just grab the 2nd one and pick up the 1.5v ram you need. It's better to have that ram since you'll run into less trouble when you overclock. OR if you do. Do you plan to OC? 1.65 can cause some real headaches.
August 4, 2012 10:09:57 PM

It seems like I have to get 2nd deal or nothing.
1st deal just sold out
August 4, 2012 10:13:09 PM

Good luck then! Hope it works out!
August 4, 2012 10:13:44 PM

Deal number 2. 1 should not even be considered, whoever put that together should be shot. 1.65 volt RAM not only voids your warranty with Intel CPUs, it also has stability problems. Although I'm inclined to lean towards neither since I'm not a fan of Gigabyte motherboards.
August 4, 2012 11:21:00 PM

aqualipt said:
Both deal can be improved, get this and nothing else:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $382.97


Yeah too bad I live in Canada :( 

Up here everything is more expansive even though our dollar is now close to American dollar.
Has to do with not many people living in a big area I suppose.
August 4, 2012 11:21:02 PM

Thank you for all the support guys!

I think I will wait until next week since the 2nd deal has a lot of stock left. I can wait and see if any other big deal comes up.
August 4, 2012 11:32:44 PM

lastsd said:
Yeah too bad I live in Canada :( 

Up here everything is more expansive even though our dollar is now close to American dollar.
Has to do with not many people living in a big area I suppose.


Yes...everything is waay more expensive, i helped a guy build a PC a couple of weeks ago and what cost ~500$ in the US costed almost 600$ in canada :??: 

Anyways... i made you this :D 

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Canada Computers)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($58.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $438.97

See? all the parts together cost 50$ more in canada :(  ....but i started looking for equivalent (or better) parts for the same price and voi la!

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($125.81 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $397.79

only 17$ more than in the US :sol: 

August 5, 2012 12:10:35 AM

For $3 more, get the G.Skill Ares 2x4gb.
August 5, 2012 12:25:19 AM

OP's deal is better than both those things you put together aqua. He can get the RAM for about $30-$40 more which puts him less than your 1st selection but he also gets the wireless.
August 5, 2012 12:53:20 AM

aqualipt said:
Yes...everything is waay more expensive, i helped a guy build a PC a couple of weeks ago and what cost ~500$ in the US costed almost 600$ in canada :??: 

Anyways... i made you this :D 

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Canada Computers)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($58.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $438.97

See? all the parts together cost 50$ more in canada :(  ....but i started looking for equivalent (or better) parts for the same price and voi la!

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($125.81 @ DirectCanada)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $397.79

only 17$ more than in the US :sol: 


Those are pretty cool builds but
I like the gigabyte board I mentioned above more than ASrock E4 or Asus LK version.

Those memory are good though. They are part of list of RAMs I am looking at
!