3650 Hard Reset (very hard)

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
August 12, 2004 10:47:52 PM

Hi, anyone know how to do this ?

I have reset to the standard default settings and formatted my memory card
but there are still traces of my data. How do I COMPLETELY clean it - as its
going on Ebay for sale as soon as its clean.

Cheers

PS. Anyone want a 3650 (UK) in excellent condition with hands free
cable/leather case/charger/CD etc etc (all the usual kit) before its gets
auctioned.

More about : 3650 hard reset hard

August 13, 2004 8:10:19 PM

"John Jordan" <John@airspeedzapspam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi, anyone know how to do this ?
>
> I have reset to the standard default settings and formatted my memory card
> but there are still traces of my data. How do I COMPLETELY clean it - as
its
> going on Ebay for sale as soon as its clean.
>
> Cheers

> PS. Anyone want a 3650 (UK) in excellent condition with hands free
> cable/leather case/charger/CD etc etc (all the usual kit) before its gets
> auctioned.

What sort of data are you talking about? Contacts etc? Can't you go through
and manually delete anything that you are worried about

ChrisM.

--
Please remove shoes to reply

But what ... is it good for?
- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,
commenting on the microchip.
August 14, 2004 1:31:14 AM

"John Jordan" <John@airspeedzapspam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi, anyone know how to do this ?
>
> I have reset to the standard default settings and formatted my memory card
> but there are still traces of my data. How do I COMPLETELY clean it - as
its
> going on Ebay for sale as soon as its clean.
>
> Cheers

reset code: *#7370# (enter lock code) does everyting but what's on the mmc.
Related resources
August 14, 2004 11:33:51 PM

http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/

You can erase memory cards completely (as best as is currently possible)
with this if you have a memory-card reader on your PC.

Assuming you do, install it, and use the above program to wipe the data on
it.

"JB" <flaxton_uk_remove@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> "John Jordan" <John@airspeedzapspam.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi, anyone know how to do this ?
> >
> > I have reset to the standard default settings and formatted my memory
card
> > but there are still traces of my data. How do I COMPLETELY clean it - as
> its
> > going on Ebay for sale as soon as its clean.
> >
> > Cheers

> reset code: *#7370# (enter lock code) does everyting but what's on the
mmc.

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 1:33:54 PM

> You can erase memory cards completely (as best as is currently possible)
> with this if you have a memory-card reader on your PC.
>
> Assuming you do, install it, and use the above program to wipe the data on
> it.

I thanks for all the advice, its very odd, but after the re-set, the "NOTES"
application still showed some documents that were not on the MMC (as I had
already formatted that) , everything else got re-set as far as I could see-
but not the notes. This got me worried that perhaps other things were still
lurking in the phone......
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 1:49:15 PM

> No, only had IR interface as I have not BT on the laptop, so am 100% it
> didn't synch. Reckon its just a bug in the hard reset code - hopefully its
> only "Notes" that don't get zapped.

For what it's worth, I just did a restore factory default settings on my
7250i. All the calendar notes, service settings and contacts were still
there. Some settings were removed however.

I remember one of the older versions of Nokia PC Suite, in the content
copier, it had an option to erase phone contents. Using that, combined with
a restore factory default settings, worked for me.

Adam
!