appearance/themes

how do I go about changing the color of the active/ inactive title bar
without changing to classic style, and is there a way to change the colors of
the start menu and task bar?

When using XP style windows & buttons, those items are drawn with bitmaps contained in the .msstyles file. That is why he color settings have no effect.

To keep XP style and have color options other than Blue, Metallic, and Homestead, you need to download or create/modify an .msstyle file. You can do this with software from www.tgtsoft.com or by downloading a patched uxtheme.dll file.

Keith

"Metalxen" <Metalxen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4C89135-15EC-4E40-BEEC-086DF4AC394A@microsoft.com...
> how do I go about changing the color of the active/ inactive title bar
> without changing to classic style, and is there a way to change the colors of
> the start menu and task bar?

Rt click on Desktop>Select Properties>Appearance>Advanced>You can change
colors there.
"Metalxen" <Metalxen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do I go about changing the color of the active/ inactive title bar
> without changing to classic style, and is there a way to change the colors
> of
> the start menu and task bar?

I've already done this, and everything else will change except the title
bars,start menu and the task bar. Anyone else got an answer?