darkcam17

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

You wouldnt go with the Asus ones? Why not?

No, it is not. Those reviews are crap.
That may very well be, but 79 reviews is a pretty good sampling. I'm with you somewhat, I know from working at Autozone that often you get people who should be legally restricted from working on their own cars. I imagine its no different with people who buy computer parts. They don't know what they're doing, so it absolutely must be the fault of the manufacturer.

JackNaylorPE
Who? lol

being 1/4 quieter than EVGA FTW and a lot cooler too.
Well the EVGA FTW uses the reference cooler doesn't it? Thats to be expected. Although I may be in the minority here, I know I mention overclocking potential at times. I personally however would not overclock a $400 video card. As far as noise, meh. How loud can it be?

Just read this conclusion:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html

Here's a quote from the conclusion:
"Yes, you've seen correctly, the ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP is the first graphics card ever that I gave a perfect ten score."

I have the Asus GTX 680 DCII TOP and it's just awesome. The 670 version gets the same performance as a reference 680, but is even quieter.

Additionally theses Asus cards have high quality caps and voltage parts that other cards do not.

3 versus 2-slots:
The Asus DCUII 680 cards are 3-slots and the DCUII 670 cards are both 2-slots.
The "TOP" version has a slight higher overclock. While the rest of the card is physically IDENTICAL, the GPU's have been BINNED so the TOP versions have been tested to overclock slightly better.

So if there's little difference in price get the TOP version:
http://ca.asus.com/en/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/GF_GTX_670

(The "TOP" version has a "T" and is named: GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 )

darkcam17

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

Would I be missing out on alot by not getting the top version? Ive been looking and cant find the top version in stock anywhere