Sign in with
Your question

Nvlddmkm.sys gtx 285 issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 14, 2012 10:42:23 AM

Hi everyone.

Whenever i launch a game i have problems.

I mostly play GTA EFLC and COD4 MW.

When i launch GTA EFLC it runs fine, i can get to the menu, start the game and then i have problems. I can play for about 30 seconds to 2 minuits and then my display driver crashes. The game will freeze, i push alt+ctrl+del and get to taskbar then click back on the game and it runs again for another few seconds then it just freezes, windows becomes unresponsive, sometimes i have to manually turn off the PC via power button. However usually i get a BSOD, It says NVLDDMKM.SYS and does a quick memory dump then restarts and boots like nothing happend. However when booted i get a message saying windows recovered from a serious error.

My specs are:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.4GHz
X2 2GB DDR2 800MHz =4GB
XFX 780i 3-way SLI
XFX GTX 285 1GB
thermaltake toughpower 650w PSU

Is there a fix for this? I did not have this problem with XP pro 32 bit. With vista it freezed for a second or 2 but then carried on without BSOD's. Please help. I do not want to go back to 32 bit OS's. I like win7 pro x64
a c 191 U Graphics card
June 14, 2012 7:31:48 PM

Is the video card overclocked at all? How are the temperatures on the card? The GTX200 series Nvidias are said to overheat running certain mods on GTAIV. From personal experience, running the game on the max settings it goes puts my card at the max it goes. I have to run my fan like crazy to cool it down.

The GTX285's weren't exactly cool cards either, temperature-wise. Check the cooling to make sure.
m
l
June 15, 2012 12:31:34 AM

In EVGA precision X its around 40c-43c idle. With full load with fan on 70% it only reaches about 65c, 70c tops. Although i very rarely let it get above 65c. I have tried many different driver versions including the latest 301.42 and even 176.88.

And i have not overclocked the card. Well i have in the past but wether its OC'd or not i still get the problem. Iv seen around on google im not the only one having this problem with the GTX 285. My guess is its a manufacturing error or no drivers support it.
m
l
September 11, 2012 9:05:19 PM

I have the same problem. :??:  My computer freezes randomly in Photoshop CS5, Firefox, Premiere,.... always NVLDDMKM.SYS

GPU is not OC (Temp. now: GPU=77C, PCB=67C)
I use Original Nvidia Driver driver 301.42 and
had the same problem with older driver - latest from Asus - AsusTek

Previously, it has worked normally but now is no longer stable. Maybe to blame Windows Update. But most of confusion is that freezes in different ways. There are days when it works completely flawless, but there are some where it freezes several times a day. Sometimes when I surf the internet, listen to music, when using the Adobe programs, even when not doing anything, ... When it freezes I have to completely SHUT computer for a minute (this completely discharged voltage in the motherboard), then the Windows successfully loaded. Otherwise freezes at startup.

Please Help us
AljoĊĦa
----------------------------------------------------------------- :sol: 
CPU Intel Extreme QX9770 3,2-3,6 Ghz (Watercooled)
MB: Asusu Striker II Extreme (chipset: Nvidia nforce 790i ultra SLI)(Watercooled)
GPU: Asus EN285GTX
HDVideo edit: Matrox RT.X2
DDR3: OCZ reaper 4x2 GB RAM 1333 Mhz use 1066 MHz stable

HDDs:
1. SSD 60GB OCZ Agility2 (OS Win7)
2. nFORCE RAID 0, 2 x 150GB WDRaptor (Programs)
3. Adaptec Raid 2405 controler RAID 0, 2 x 300GB WD VelociRaptor (WorkingPlace and HDVideo editing)
4. WD Caviar 200GB (downloads)
5. Ext. NAS Thecus N3200 - RAID 5, 3 x 1TB WD green

Case: Thermaltake Armor+ LCS
Power: Thermaltake Toughpower 1500W
2x5,25 - AlphaCool LCD
1x5,25 - Blu-ray Recorder
1x5,25 - "Hidden" drawer
2x5,25 - ThermalTake LiquidCoolingSistem
m
l
!